X

Koso DL02S speedo wiring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Koso DL02S speedo wiring

I am trying to make sure I do not ruin the speedometer or screw up something on the bike. I am looking for some help reading the wiring diagrams. Attached is the install .pdf and the wiring diagram for the bike.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Originally posted by BGon View Post
    I am looking for some help reading the wiring diagrams.
    What's your question? What do you need help with?
    How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
    How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
    How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
    How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Sorry, I had realized I did not finish the question part when my power went out due to a storm and i think it messed something up pretty good too.

What I have done is I used connectors and connected the brown from the Koso speedo to the brown wire coming from the key ignition switch as well as connecting the red power wire of the Koso to the red power from the ignition switch. The Green fuel wire coming from the Koso speedo I connected to the Yellow/Black wire from the fuel lin in the existing harness. I also connected the ground to a pre-existing ground source. With that done, I think I just have to figure out the cicumfrance of the front tire so I can input it into the speedo.

Comment

Does this new speedo allow you to connect it via a Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS)? This way there's no need for the magnetic pick-up on the wheel and wires running around.
        How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
        How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
        How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
        How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Sorry for the long delay, but work has been insane and not allowed me to do much. I have no idea if it would hook into the VSS. I finally hooked into the existing harness for the power sources since the directions said not to run as parallel. (although Koso forums said it was ok to do for troubleshooting). Main issue now is I am not sure if I trust the mph or fuel %. Mph is getting zeroed in and will use a GPS to track mph to make sure I am close. Fuel % is odd cause almost empty it still said 80% full. So I filled it and it went back to 100%. Guess running out while at something other than 0% will give that answer.

Comment

Did you ever figure out if the VSS wire worked on the Koso guage?

Comment

Koso dl-02s

Hi,
              I'm having the same issue, but I can't even get any percentage other than 0% even after full.
              I just bought and installed by a professional motorcycle shop and everything works fine except the fuel gauge. It keeps blinking 0% even after a full tank.
              I have a 09 Honda Fury.
              I also read all the directions and ensured that it reads 510ohms. It appears that there is only two settings for that anyway..and as you know the other setting is 100ohms.
              I also read in an article suggesting ensure that both buttons are pressed for 3 seconds. It shows "06P" from the top and 1650? from the bottom. So I changed the 1650 to 0510?

Anyway, it still is blinking 0% and I can see the small fuel icon on the left.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
              X