No announcement yet.
X

Random electrical connector question...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random electrical connector question...

So, I stripped my Kat for some cleanup and repairs...and upon re-installation I noticed an electrical connection on the right side just forward of the battery. I did not unplug anything from it, but it is a two prong connector. Anyone have ANY clues what option it could be for?

Curious

One of two connectors that I know of.

1) California fan, however, it's more to the left (clutch) side. (I can't remember how many prongs it has.)

2) There's a lone connector, not connected to anything) that's generaly in the same area but on the right (throttle) side. It's pretty close to the rear brake master cyclinder. I still don't know what it's for.
    How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
    How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
    How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
    How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

..maybe this is one of those. It is located under the right fairing just forward of where the seat connects. When I first found it I was looking for something I could have inadvertently unplugged...

Thank you for your response,

AL Jazz

Comment

Does your fuel gauge still work?

Comment

...everything still works great... Weird...figured it was some option I did not have...

Comment

i think its for turbo thrusters lol

Comment

...turbo thruster

...good thought, but since I have an '02...I have what looks like one sticking outa from behind my seat...still trying to figure out how to activate it. Seems to be wired backwards. I hit the brakes and it comes on instead of with the throttle

Comment

i have no idea, i had mine all apart last season and i had a few connecter that didn't go to anything. at first i though something was disconnected but everything works fine.

maybe its a universal Suzuki harness and its some connection for another bike

Comment

The flux capacitor goes in that connector. Without it you can't get the 1.21 Jigawatts needed for time travel at 88 mph.
                  Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                  Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Working...
                  X