X

integrated tail light

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• integrated tail light

I just brought an integrated tail light for my 1998 katana, but am having problems wiring in the turn signals. The stock wiring has two wires, and the tail light only has one wire coming out from it. Does anyone have any advice as how to wire the tail light? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

That doesn't make much sense unless it uses the screw as a chassis ground and the one wire is the power wire. I think something's wrong. I don't have an integrated taillight so can't help too much but that seems off. Are you sure no wires came unsoldered off of the led board and they're missing. Seems to me there should be at least 5 wires. One for running light, brakes, both turn signals and a ground. I don't know man, hopefully somebody on here will chime in that has one.

Actually I just re-read your post and I think i understand your question better. It sounds to me that the one wire is the signal wire for each side's turn signal and the ground wire for the whole integrated taillight assembly is used to complete the circuit. Since the integrated tails are on a printed circuit board that's the most likely explanation. Try that out and see if that works for ya
    Last edited by travg; 04-27-2010, 11:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Thanks travg, I actually attached the integrated signals to the non striped wire, and it worked except that now my turn signal moves faster. I can live with that unless someone has any idea what's going on and how to fix it.

Comment

You need a resistor to slow the speed...I personally like the accelorated rate of the blinkers, so I did not install them, although they did come with them, just a preference thing on my part.

Comment

Thanks WallacE, my tail light did not come with a resistor, but I don't mind the accelerated turn signals, it's kinda cool.

Comment

Originally posted by kajoonk View Post
            I just brought an integrated tail light for my 1998 katana...
            Where did you buy the integrated light for the 98 model?

Nevermind, answered my own question 30 seconds after posting. Derp.
            Last edited by 98600F; 08-28-2011, 06:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

The Clear Alternatives units come with resistors the cheapy ebay units dont

Astro4x4 did a thread on modding the flasher to deal with the fast flash without resistors

Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Working...
              X