X

Katana Clock.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana Clock.

is there any way that i can disconnect the clock on my 2000 kat 600?? i'm getting tired of it killing the battery, (due to the bad weather we are suffering from.).

Thanks, K

Although mine doesn't have a clock I imagine you can just cut the wires and tape them off. Although of people also like to put it on a seperate batter. Some small 9v should be more then enough
    1999 Katana 750

Comment

thanks, that might be something i'll have to try..

thanks again.. Kasey

Comment

Originally posted by KaseyS View Post
        is there any way that i can disconnect the clock on my 2000 kat 600?? i'm getting tired of it killing the battery, (due to the bad weather we are suffering from.)
        The clock shouldn't be draining the battery, however, I'd recommend not cutting any wires. It's easy enough to unplug the instrument cluster connector plug and use a jeweler's screwdriver to disconnect the Red and Yellow wire as the clock does not have it's own separate fuse. The wire for the clock is directly connected to the fuse box and is powered by the main bus.

Here's a diagram of the wires I drew up when I replaced my wiring harness. You would view this as if you were looking at the plug (the back of the instrument cluster) standing in front of the bike. Position 13 is the clock wire.

How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
        How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
        How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
        How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Hey bro ...get a new battery soon cause that clock should not drain you down .. Maybe your battery getting ready to fail , and get a battery tender for your winter... Us in cali ride all year long

Comment

thanks for the info... i have already ordered a battery from the shop. man i wish i was in cali right about now haha

Comment

Working...
            X