X

ignition problems

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ignition problems

my bike got left out in the rain for 2 days and when i went to start it a few days later the key wouldnt go in very good, and now when i go to start it i turn the key n when i hit the botton to start it all the power cuts off and i have to pull that chip out next to the fuse box, put it back in and try again. could water have gotten in the ignition n caused corrosion which is shorting some thing out? if so what could i do about it?

Originally posted by mattw205 View Post
    could water have gotten in the ignition n caused corrosion which is shorting some thing out?
    hmmm...well I've left mine out in the rain when I ride it to work in the winter and I've never had an electrical issue from water in the ignition. However, that's me. In the winter I use 3-in-1 oil in the ignition to keep it lubed.

Originally posted by mattw205 View Post
    if so what could i do about it?
    I would say use a motorcycle cover during those times.
    How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
    How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
    How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
    How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

I have the same problem ,if u figuire it out send me a note...thanks

Comment

check the battery. if that's not it pull the ignition switch and dissasemble and clean the lower half that contains the contacts.
        99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
        1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
        '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
        Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

all else fails, get yourself a new switch and key =)
          the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
          # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
          [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

Working...
          X