X

Gauge cluster LED upgrade? ANyone!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gauge cluster LED upgrade? ANyone!

Anyone modded their Gauge cluster with brighter whiter LEDs in place of the bulbs? Well i am looking to upgrade the incandescent bulbs to LEDS and curious if anyone has done it yet.
    ALso how to pull it apart and wiring info.

OK well i searched it has been done before but no pictures or write ups.
    SOme good info tho.
    Who has pics..
    Last edited by NBX33; 06-22-2009, 08:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    99 Katana GSX600F -03 Bandtana GSX1200F- 06 Charger Daytona R/T

The Tallest KAT Rider.. Out there! PERIOD.

You got me on this one. I'm willing to bet that someone on this forum has done it before. Have you tried doing an internet search/ katriders search for it?

Comment

Looking for the best exhaust for your Kat or need help with the installation ?
      From the Mesh Mod to the Fender Eliminator, installing new signals, Braada Cowls,
      Frame sliders or Undertails; Show us all of your custom mods and share your tips here.

Here ya go fellas....this has some info about an LED change that a member on here did to a 2000 kat.

On the pre-98's, its a simple matter of removing the windscreen and pulling the bulbs from the back of each gauge pod. The bulb types are #74. I replaced the three in my pre-98 with super-bright white LEDs from http://www.superbrightleds.com

Hope this helps.
      "The Lord will be awesome to them, for He will reduce to nothing all the gods of the earth; people shall worship Him, each one from his place, indeed all the shores of the nations." - Zeph. 2:11

Comment

I'm sure someone had done it some where. I'm gonna do my own research on this one..

Comment

yeah i did it .. not pics though as it is pretty easy to do. you used to be able to get the buld w/ sockets and just plug them all in. Someone mentioned they no longer stock those where i bought mine a few years ago.
          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Originally posted by joe View Post
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.p...highlight=leds

Here ya go fellas....this has some info about an LED change that a member on here did to a 2000 kat.
            +1 ... best thread I've seen on the matter. Debating on whether I want to spend $100+ on LED's to upgrade the gauges & signals. Think it's worth $60 for a pair of these?

"60 High Powered Wide Angle SMT LEDS
            These Bulbs have Advanced Surface Mount Technology LEDS + Advanced Patented Circuitry
            48 high powered SMT side facing LEDS - 12 high powered SMT forward facing LEDS"
            '07 Yamaha FJR1300
            '05 Katana 600

Comment

Working...
            X