X

Want a louder horn....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want a louder horn....

I was getting sick of the quack I would get when using my stock horn. Was getting ready to order an aftermarket one. Decided to see what I could do with the stock one before ordering. Turned the nut on the front of the horn clockwise as far as it will go.........scared the crap out of me how loud it got.

So if your horn is like mine, and your looking to make it louder, just tighten that nut(8mm) You will be happy you did.

Interesting, I'll have check my stock one.

I went with the freeway blaster a few years back and it was a huge improvement over stock.
    Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by woobie View Post
      Interesting, I'll have check my stock one.

I went with the freeway blaster a few years back and it was a huge improvement over stock.
      I also have a freeway blaster, and the stock horn cannot compare.
      It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Originally posted by notec View Post
        Turned the nut on the front of the horn clockwise as far as it will go.........scared the crap out of me how loud it got.
        Do you have a pic? I can't remember if my stock horn had such a nut.
        How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
        How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
        How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
        How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

I'll be buggered--never occurred to me to check this! I ended up using some notes here to install a Compact Nautilus airhorn. WOW what a difference--I get serious attention now. It's nice being able to scare taxis back into their own lanes!

I still have my stock horn wired in; I may give it a twist to see what happens.

Cheers,

Originally posted by notec View Post
          I was getting sick of the quack I would get when using my stock horn. Was getting ready to order an aftermarket one. Decided to see what I could do with the stock one before ordering. Turned the nut on the front of the horn clockwise as far as it will go.........scared the crap out of me how loud it got.

So if your horn is like mine, and your looking to make it louder, just tighten that nut(8mm) You will be happy you did.
          High-velocity Geek

'06 GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by squiggy View Post
            Do you have a pic? I can't remember if my stock horn had such a nut.
            If you look up at your horn from your front tire, its the acorn nut right in the middle of the disc.

And im not saying this will get you the loudness of a Blaster horn, but it will be louder than the guy next to you in the Honda Civic

Comment

Well, I replaced my horn with the Nautilus Stebel horn but that took a dump several weeks ago and have yet to replace the horn. I don't have the OEM horn anymore.
              How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
              How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
              How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
              How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Thanks ~
                Will give it a try ........

All you want to know is right here ~

Comment

I'd love to put one of those semi truck air horns on my Kat, but I don't think there would be an easy way to mount one.

Comment

I actually use one of those car alarm sirens, it is very loud and gets attention. I'm pretty sure the Kat and the Busa use the same type of stock horn (I think).
                    sigpic

Current bike: 2007 Hayabusa

Comment

I never use my horn.
                      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      Originally posted by soulless kaos
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I bought a Wolo high-tone horn on e-bay for around $10 shipped. Just slightly louder than stock.
                        '07 Yamaha FJR1300
                        '05 Katana 600

Comment

Horns are good but i dont ever rememeber using mine. I ussually evade get stae and safe then flip the finger to whomever tried to switch to my lane.

Horns arent my first thought.. getting out of the way is.
                          99 Katana GSX600F -03 Bandtana GSX1200F- 06 Charger Daytona R/T

The Tallest KAT Rider.. Out there! PERIOD.

Comment

definately checking mine

Comment

Had a van cut an apex over the safety zone and into my lane without ever easing up or looking - till I layed on the horn (Fiamm lo tone). All I got was the typical moronic shoulder shrug as if to say "Oops!", although he did stay waaaaaaayy back after we locked eyes. May look to add the hi tone horn to really get attention quickly.
                              2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                              2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Working...
                              X