X

No headlight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No headlight

Hey guys... My headlight doesnt come on, high or low.. my snowmobile takes the exact same bulb, so I switched them, still no go... now if I look at the connector going to the headlamp, a few inches back are two short wires not connected to anything, one is black and the other is kinda orange, they have female slide in type ends.. I cannot seem to find anywhere where these could hook up... Not even sure if they have anything to do with my headlight,
    Its an 88 GSX1100F. Hoping maybe someone can help me resolve this. ..

check fuses and relay ?
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Both turn signals connected?... that is what those sounds like to me...

I would check fuses, check connections, and make sure your low/bright switch is properly working.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

black and "kinda" orange? does the black have a white stripe? you need to be a bit more specific about the orange, and if it has a color stripe on it. there is an unused orange/red that dead ends at/by the left grip connector.

standard headlight wires are white (low), yellow (high), and black/white stripe (ground). as far as the circuit, orange/red runs from the fuse block to the RIGHT grip connector block. there it jumpers to yellow/white and runs to the LEFT grip switches powering the high/low switch. from the switch, white is low, yellow is high. loose connectors anywhere along the way can be a problem, along with a fuse that looks good but isnt. get our your meter, check the fuse and bulb for continuity, then start checking voltages along the path laid out above.
        99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
        1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
        '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
        Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Well go ahead Dumbluck! QB that thang!!
          Joker
          The newest addition to the Family!
          sigpic
          stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

OK... The plug going to the head light, like 2 inches up the same harness there are two really short wires with individual push in connector ends, female, the round type with rubber around them, god I wish I knew what to call them.. But I'll double check to see if they have any stripe or whatnot, And no.. my turnsignals are all plugged in and work properly..But ya.. I'm not speaking of any wires near the grip.... Lol I tried looking for the fuse block while I was at my friends house last night and couldn't seem to find it... I didn't have my manual with me.. I don't recall seeing it with the bike all apart either... I'll go look in my lovely hardcopy haynes and get back to ya'll haha, thanks alot for the quick responces and all the help.

Comment

Black with blue line, orange with green line?.... Horn connection.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

No, no, no, no I am mechanically inclined dammit! Everything, and I mean everything is connected, the horn is connected but doesn't work, and the headlamp is connected and wont work, I didn't meantion the horn didn't work before my main concern is the headlight, I have been sitting here playing online poker.. just made like $300 woohoo, haha gonna go look at my manual right now.

Comment

Originally posted by 88GSX1100F View Post
                  No, no, no, no I am mechanically inclined dammit! Everything, and I mean everything is connected, the horn is connected but doesn't work, and the headlamp is connected and wont work, I didn't meantion the horn didn't work before my main concern is the headlight, I have been sitting here playing online poker.. just made like $300 woohoo, haha gonna go look at my manual right now.
                  Well, I could tell you specifically what they plugged to with the actual full colors on the wires.

The one's I mentioned are for the horn...

Or better yet, you could download the manual and look yourself instead of playing online poker...

Krey
                  93 750 Kat

Comment

bring me the skoot and pay me that $300, i'll fix the lights.
                    99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                    1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                    '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                    Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Originally posted by DumbLuck View Post
                      bring me the skoot and pay me that $300, i'll fix the lights.
                      Haha no thanks, I just put in the 10a fuse and it works fine..

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
                        check fuses and relay ?
                        Originally posted by 88GSX1100F View Post
                        Haha no thanks, I just put in the 10a fuse and it works fine..

I will settle for $100
                        Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

you could wire the horn the lights , lights to the horn and cross the blinker wires and have a hella fun time riding at night

Comment

Originally posted by kidblooper View Post
                            you could wire the horn the lights , lights to the horn and cross the blinker wires and have a hella fun time riding at night
                            Wow looks like you went to a school for the mentally challanged, you must have fun troubleshooting.

Comment

I'm glad it was easy. Fuses are a common problem. However, it tends to mean that something shorted out the system. If the problem has not been solved, the fuse could easily pop again.

Comment

Working...
                              X