X

Gauge Light now on:Speedometer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gauge Light now on:Speedometer

I am finishing up on my bike, write-up soon, and I noticed that when I plugged all the gauge lights back up, the Speedo light is not lit. All the other lighs on the bike work. I took the light out of the back of the speedo and looked at the bulb and it looks fine, well from what I can see. I was going to swap the bulb with another of the gauge bulbs to see but don't know how to take the bulb out. How do I change the bulbs and what size?
    FROM WORK:
    "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

you can get the base out by turning it. the bulbs just pull out. they are size 24 or 74, i believe, at least that's what they are on 98+
    I am King Sam

--I have a wedgie!
    --It's a thong, just relax and accept the string.

Comment

Thanks Sambo. I will try again
      FROM WORK:
      "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

Comment

don't pull too hard. on mine I had to use pliers to grip the bulbs. Firmly but not hard enough to break anything
        I am King Sam

--I have a wedgie!

Comment

If you bother to open it up, do yourself a favor and score replacement LED bulbs from SuperBriteLEDs.com and replace them all -- you'll never need to worry about burn-out again...

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Might as well replace all lights if you go that route. Just don't use the tri-power led in the high beam indicator as it gets pretty distracting as bright as it is.
            I am King Sam

--I have a wedgie!

Comment

just cuz the filiment looks good dont mean it aint broke. check um with a meter, not just eyeballin um
              99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
              1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
              '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
              Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Thanks for the help. I went back out and tried again and it came right out. Swapped the bulb for the Fuel gauge bulb and it came on so new bulb. Do autoparts stores like Autozone, Advance Auto carry the led bulbs?

I am close to write up. Just waiting for my right side mirror and my gauge trim. I will take the last pics and post. I really thank the board for all the help with the questions I have had so far.
                FROM WORK:

Comment

Your parts store might, but mine did not. I ordered mine through superbrightleds.com and they messed up my order, so I returned them and ordered from autolumination. who also messed up my order - but I was tired of messing with it so I decided to live with it. Instead of 3 green LED's they sent me 3 white ones. They work and they light up green-ish but not what I ordered. I might order some more and fix it if it irritates me enough.

Back to your question though. They are probably not going to carry them, although it wouldn't hurt to look.
                  I am King Sam

--I have a wedgie!

Comment

Your local NAPA store probably has the filament versions in stock. The smaller auto parts stores don't tend to stock them (it's hit-and-miss as Sambo said). You won't find LED's in that size-factor locally...

Cheers
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                    X