X

No highbeams

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No highbeams

Hey was just wondering if anybody had an idea as to what could cause high beams to not come on. I checked all the fuses, they were all good, the bulbs are good, and the indicator is lighting up but no high beams, low's are working just fine. Also checked all the wiring and it's not warm. I have a relay if it makes any difference. Any suggestions would be great.
    Last edited by Sambo1987; 06-03-2009, 10:40 PM.
    I am King Sam

--I have a wedgie!
    --It's a thong, just relax and accept the string.

the plug where you plug in your buld is notorious for having bad contact so i wouldnt be surprised if it was that i had a same problem

Comment

Also check the switch pod on the handle bars, the wires in there for the highbeam might have come off and need resoldering. It happened to me once.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

How do you know the bulbs are "good"? Please don't say you "looked" at them.
        And I'll second ICEG's suggestion. The switch is not likely since you said the indicator lights up.

Comment

Bulbs were tested, that's how I know they're good. And they're only about 2 months old and I haven't rode much lately. Anyways I've figured out that it's the relay itself. They work fine in the stock connectors..
          I am King Sam

--I have a wedgie!

Comment

Ok as mentioned in the previous post it was one of the relays... One got somehow mysteriously corroded. But the guy stands by his product (and it really is good quality, Squiggy can attest to this) and he has offered to send me a new relay. And I would highly recommend his stuff.
            I am King Sam

--I have a wedgie!

Comment

If were still unable to find the problem, I recommend using a volt meter and going sequentially down the list (following the wiring diagram). Sometimes the answer becomes very obvious.

Comment

Working...
              X