X

relays

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• relays

im wiring in a keyless ignition - the instructions say i need a 4 pin 12v 13a relay - i have a spare sidestand relay - wich is 4 pin but haynes doesnt list wether its a 12v 13a?? anyone know - i have it wired and it works
    but............ when i connect the power wire to the relay it clicks on - when i take it off it clicks off so this is just gunna drain my battery
    anyone know what i done wrong?
    i pitty the fool that dont ride oldskool

Ah crap, I used to have a How To from another forum bookmarked, I seem to remember the guy gave up. Let me see if I can find it for you.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

pulled out the multimeter and wiring diag for the bike - the red is a permanent live - the ignition cuts power by cutting all wires so the only wy it can be done is to incorporate a switch in the red live but if it means doing that may as well just use the key - cant think of any other way - even to put in another relay to cut power would mean that that relay would be permanent live so that would be no good either
      so .................. there goes that idea

Comment

just a thought - wiring the live from the kill switch would sort that out - just have to make sure you hit the kill switch when you leave the bike ?? i tink thats right

Comment

That sounds like it would work. So you plan on making it easier for theft? I'm just wondering why you want to go keyless.
          sigpic

Comment

that didnt work - its not a live at the kill switch - the kill switch just controls power to coils

easier? there will be no ignition barrell to wire if it ws stolen - it will be started by my keyfob - keyless remote start - more of a "posing" item than security really - just had the option with the alarm system i have fitted and wanted to try it

Comment

PM sent

Comment

pm back

Comment

Just wondering if u got it sorted out? I am trying to do the keyless start also. It will crank but wont start and run. If I turn yhe key on I can start it with the alarm remote.

Comment

Working...
                  X