X

electric start will not work.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electric start will not work.

i laid down my bike a few months ago. the only damage i could see when i went to fix my bike was a broken crank case and the plastics. im assuming i am having some kind of electrical issue beacuse the bike will not start unless i push start it. i have fixed what i can see but i do not know how to find the problem. any ideas?

Does it turn over at all ? Do you hear it clicking if it doesn't ?
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

No the bike makes no sounds or anything. It was working before i went down so i have no clue what came loose. i cant see anything obvious and electrical is something i have no experience with i do non know where to start looking.

Comment

dropped on left side right !!!

take a look at the side stand switch and neutral safety switch and clutch safety switch / connections

clutch safety switch crap out really easy
        the clutch safety switch can be jumped with a paper clip , just remember it will then start with out clutch squeezed

search for manual on here , if you do the reading it should tell you step/step
        Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

thanks! will do. i have the manual for the bike just neede to know where to start looking.

Comment

the kick stand switch is right next to the kickstand its a little rectangular box with a pin sticking out of it that pushes in and out when the kickstand is moved up and down... if you put the bike in neutral and cant start it with the kickstand down thats probably not it... check the wires going into the ignition switch? make sure none of them got pulled and are really loose.... also you might want to check your ignition fuse? the battery is charged up well? if the bike sat for a couple months it could have died... cant think of anything else at the moment... good luck! and glad your ok from the accident
            Do The Chicken Dance

Comment

got it going it Was the clutch safety switch. just jumped it for now.

thanks for the help

Comment

awesome be safe! no more accidents... they kinda suck lol
                Do The Chicken Dance

Comment

clutch switch

Thanks for posting this it helped me with my same problem.

Comment

where is the clutch saftey switch? i can't find mine and i am having the same problem.

Comment

Left handlebar, attatched to the clutch perch.

Krey
                      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

i can't find it what does it look like?

Comment

Originally posted by smrf View Post
                          i can't find it what does it look like?
                          Follow where your clutch lever pivots... On the bottom side there should be a black, plastic covered switch, with 2 wires comeing out of it. That is the switch.

Krey
                          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
                          X