X

Wiring Hell!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Hell!!!

Any one know were i can get the 4 wires and harness to the starter relay? the microfiche on Ron Ayers is not (to me) very clear.

a voice came to me and said, sacrifice that which you love the most (my girl and my bikes)
    so i lied and gave up my girl.

1) It would help if you said what you were working on.
    2) It is probably part of the main wiring harness.
    3) You could probably find parts in the automotive world to adapt.

Comment

Sorry, i thought i mentioned. It is a 98 kat 750. The starter relay harness, actually the harness is ok. its the 2 hot wires (red) that go into the back that are bad.
      a voice came to me and said, sacrifice that which you love the most (my girl and my bikes)

Comment

most of those type of connectors , you can release the terminal with a very tiny screwdriver
        the terminal is usually pushed in from the back and held in with a small barb
        Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by rexazz2 View Post
          most of those type of connectors , you can release the terminal with a very tiny screwdriver
          the terminal is usually pushed in from the back and held in with a small barb
          Thanx bro ill try that. Its been 2 years and 3 " our best Mechanics" since ive had the bike and nobody has been able to fix it. Twice the stealership worked on it and said it was fixed. this last time they tried to trick me by replacing the green plastic fuse cover and relay, told them aholes that the wires were still frayered and that it was not fixed. Tired of arguing my case, i jiggled the wires and the power shut off. nuff said. "May be you'll have better luck taking it to a Suzuki dealer." Ewww im sick wit it

Comment

Originally posted by crypt dog View Post
            Thanx bro ill try that. Its been 2 years and 3 " our best Mechanics" since ive had the bike and nobody has been able to fix it. Twice the stealership worked on it and said it was fixed. this last time they tried to trick me by replacing the green plastic fuse cover and relay, told them aholes that the wires were still frayered and that it was not fixed. Tired of arguing my case, i jiggled the wires and the power shut off. nuff said. "May be you'll have better luck taking it to a Suzuki dealer." Ewww im sick wit it

Crypt!!! WazzzzzUP!!!!

I know the feeling. Sometimes there are things that pop up that are freakin' maddening because not even the geniuses can figure it out. It happens.
            sigpic

Comment

Small screwdriver or large sewing needle (something small and pointy with enough leverage to move the catch pin) will work for you in getting the wire out of the plug. In many cases, if your careful you can then actually open the crimps on the end from the wires and re-use them. This is perfectly fine to do as long as you don't break the crimp ends on the connector. If you can get them off and save them, and have enough room on the harness you can remove the broken part and just put the connectors on lower.

If you don't have enough room, your better off just splitting the wires at the point of issue, slip on a heat shrink cover, solder them back together, and shrink the wrap around them.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

You can also get molex-style connectors and pins to replace whatever's going on with that plug and the wires.
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by crypt dog View Post
                  Sorry, i thought i mentioned. It is a 98 kat 750. The starter relay harness, actually the harness is ok. its the 2 hot wires (red) that go into the back that are bad.
                  Open up the harness and replace the wires or cut out the bad splice and splice in a new piece all nice and neat like, well wrapped with electrical tape etc.
                  2000 Katana 600
                  2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

thanx for the help folks. the bad places are right at the connection, so im gonna try the small screwdriver technique to open the connector. Again i say thanks everybody.

Comment

ok that didnt work, cant get the wires out without breaking the harness. I used a lens repair screwdriver and a dental pik and cant get the clip to move, so now, if someone has the wire and harness part # that would be great. Or someome parting out a 98 kat 750 that be great
                      Last edited by crypt dog; 05-21-2009, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Well, the bad news is that the connector is NOT an OEM Suzuki part (the entire wiring harness as a whole is).

Since I'm not 100% sure about the wires I'm looking at, I'm not sure if this will work, but you might be able to replace both sides of the wiring connection with this:

Or you might try hitting up your local radio shack

Cheers
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Can't help on part numbers, sorry.
                          You pried the black plastic barb gently aside and tried pulling the wire out but no game? It's very doable, I just tried mine and it was easy as 'ell with a flat blade jewlers screw driver. The barb is part of the connector housing, not part of the metal pin as alot of them are.
                          2000 Katana 600
                          2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Originally posted by Astro4x4 View Post
                            Can't help on part numbers, sorry.
                            You pried the black plastic barb gently aside and tried pulling the wire out but no game? It's very doable, I just tried mine and it was easy as 'ell with a flat blade jewlers screw driver. The barb is part of the connector housing, not part of the metal pin as alot of them are.

well i must be doing it wrong, were do is the barb your referring to? is it the front(yellow face) side or the back side(were the wires go in?

Last edited by crypt dog; 05-22-2009, 05:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Take your relay to the jumkyard, I bet it's a standard 4 pin plug. Cut and solder to new plug and wires.
                              Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Working...
                              X