No announcement yet.
X

Wiring Hell!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front side (yellow in your case), just slide the blade of a small flat screwdriver between the plastic tab and the metal terminal and the wire pulls right out the back easy.
    (later.....)
    I went and checked mine ('00) and it doesn't have that yellow piece which I think is covering the barbs I speak of. Does that yellow piece pop out, mine is recessed I suspect for the yellow piece but doesn't have it.
    Last edited by Astro4x4; 05-22-2009, 10:05 PM.
    2000 Katana 600
    2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Originally posted by Astro4x4 View Post
      Front side (yellow in your case), just slide the blade of a small flat screwdriver between the plastic tab and the metal terminal and the wire pulls right out the back easy.
      (later.....)
      I went and checked mine ('00) and it doesn't have that yellow piece which I think is covering the barbs I speak of. Does that yellow piece pop out, mine is recessed I suspect for the yellow piece but doesn't have it.
      yellow plastic piece! hey that may be the answer right there. i had previously tried lifting it, but its fragile and breaks. but if yours dont have that guard, hmmm, i might just go ahead and break it off.
      a voice came to me and said, sacrifice that which you love the most (my girl and my bikes)
      so i lied and gave up my girl.

Comment

Mine doesn't have it and it doesn't look like it's been farged with by the P.O.
        2000 Katana 600
        2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

I guess it's time for a new harness perhaps Orville green's salvage can ups me, the harness and wires back to the factory spice point. I dont know.

I peeled...no... crumbled away some more of the yellow guard still no barb. But not going any farther,scared that the guard is like arc protection, i turn the key and fry the whole elec system. So im quitting. but

thanks everyone, for all your help. peace and happy and safe riding.
          a voice came to me and said, sacrifice that which you love the most (my girl and my bikes)
          so i lied and gave up my girl.

Comment

Working...
          X