No announcement yet.
X

Brake light works but no parking light?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake light works but no parking light?

I changed the bulb in the rear and thought that would fix my parking light coming on, however the brake light still comes on and the parking light will not. Oddly enough today, I think I saw the parking light come on when I left the switch in the park position but it was brief. Any ideas? Really not safe at night.
    FROM WORK:
    "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

do all your other lights work? (guages, etc) if they do NOT, check the right hand grip connector. there is a bridge between the orange/blue and grey. grey then runs from there to the rest of the lights and the ignition switch and then back out via the brown for the running light. check the connector block for the ignition switch. ign on you should have power at the grey, and the brown at the ign switch. if the running light comes on in "park" then the brown wire from the ign to the tail light is good. ("park" takes power from the red wire to the brown wire at the ign switch)
    Last edited by DumbLuck; 05-11-2009, 11:56 AM. Reason: correction in first line, "do" to "do NOT
    99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
    1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
    '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
    Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Whoa!!! That was alot there, but thanks for the info. I will have to check that when I get home. Haven't ridden in 2 months when I took the bike apart to paint and clean up.
      FROM WORK:
      "let's just say you are my favorite.I like a response back on the same day from work issues, not like a work husband who kind of heard a request and mentions it weeks later. just damn"

Comment

Working...
      X