X

pre ingition switch removal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre ingition switch removal

I have searched the site and iddnt fine anything on a pre ignition so i thought i would ask. To me it looks like its rivited on but i wasnt sure how do i take it out to replace without messing up the triple top clamp i have it off the bike in hand looking at it now.

if its the same as the post, there are two bolts holding the switch on to the triple from underneath.. you shouldn't have to remove or touch the triple tree clamp =)
    the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
    # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
    [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

from what i can tell its not the same. theres no place sor a torxs bit

Comment

*Grrr I hate that!!!

People please give the year and model!! I went to your garage and lost my typing!

These screws are "sheer head" the head that they use to install them breaks off once they are torqued. It is an attempt at anti theft. I have had good luck using an allen screw as a "wrench" to remove them. If you have a really good set of small sockets you might get one of them to work. Worst case you have to flip the top triple tree over and use a punch to get the screw loose, then a pair of pliers or vise grips from there. You shouldn't have to remove any cables or such to flip the top tree over and as long as you just loosen the top tree bolts the forks are uneffected.

Comment

its a 95 kat 600

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
            *Grrr I hate that!!!
            woosah, BP, woosah!
            the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
            # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
            [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

thanks BP for the info i used a 5/32 and a 4 mm 1/4 drive socket a 3 inch extension and a BFH and got them both out now i can get a new ignition switch and ket for the bike.

Comment

josh I have a good used ignition off a pre 750 I tested it on my gs500, and it worked fine. one key, if you are interested, pm me on here or on gstwins same name
                89 gs500e, k&n air filter, sv650 rear wheel swap, gsxr rear shock, 06 tank and bodywork, sv650 tail swap,

93 kat 750 v&h ssr2 full exhaust, 99 katana front wheel, a 180/55 on stock rim, post controls, heated grips

Comment

Working...
                X