X

Headlight adjustment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight adjustment

What would be the correct headligtht adjusment and how would I do this adjustment I know I would need a wall and the bike needs to be a certain distance away but I dont know how far away and I dont know how far up the lights should be pointing. any and all input welcome and needed. I am asking because I installed my HID headlights and now need to make sure they are not blinding other people.
    Shinny side up!

Park the bike 25 feet from the wall. The headlight beam should be the same height as the headlight..

Comment

At 10 meters the cut off should be 10 centimeters low.

Comment

Thanks for the question and answers, i was about to ask the same thing!

99 750

Comment

what screw does what adjustment

what about the adjusting screws, there are two per side one on the top and one on the bottom (both sides) to adjust the left beam higher which of the screws would I turn (on the left side) and in which direction. and to adjust the same side, I would used the other one but in what direction would I turn that screw.
          Last edited by sportbikemike; 04-24-2009, 09:37 PM.
          Shinny side up!

Comment

Donno,.. I just grab mine and move it..

Comment

2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
              Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
              "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
              Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
              Veteran of the United States Air Force.
              "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

Owner's manual... You need to get one.

Meanwhile, upper knob (98+) adjusts the horizontal beam placement; lower kn0ob adjusts the vertical beam placement.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
                CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
                The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Please recheck the URL for the proper spelling. Or use our search box at the top of this page to find what you're looking for.
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

During this procedure, does the bike need to be on the center stand, kick stand, or held upright by a second person? Thanks in advance.
                    Jake

Comment

Nothing like reviving a thread from 'Nam.

I have a question for you: Would it make any sense to aim the headlight while the bike is on the side stand tilted off to one side?

I suppose you could use the center stand- if equipped. But I would say the best way would be to have a second person sitting on it upright like theyre riding it. This way the suspension is all compressed and basically like if one were riding.

Comment

Hmm, with bike on side stand, you could set it up for cornering maybe . . . good as long as you are riding in a circle

Ideally, the headlights should be set up while the rider is sitting on the bike - rider weight can impact height.

But having established which knobs control vertical/horizontal I don't seem to be getting much movement from them. Are there any known tricks to mounting a headlight assembly? I've just fitted new mounts and a new headlight to my 2002 750 and trying to get it set up correctly.
                        2002 GSX750F needs GSXR600 as garage mate
                        1999 GSXR600 - now has garage mate
                        "A smile costs nothing but gives much. It enriches those who receive, without making poorer those who give. It takes but a moment, but the memory of it sometimes last forever." - Dale Carnegie

Comment

Working...
                        X