X

Radar detector?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radar detector?

Hi guy im new to the site, but i was wondering has anybody ever tried to put a radar detector on their bike? If so where did you put it and how did it turn out? Thanks

99 750

A lot of people put detectors on their bikes.
    Check out this info:
    Do you want the very best in radar and/or laser protection for your motorcycle? Then check out Radar Roy's top picks and his helpful guide.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
    CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
    The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I want to buy the Blinder M25 X-Treme

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamic View Post
        I want to buy the Blinder M25 X-Treme
        1.) they are illegal

2.) they dont work for the typical "sonar" radar systems 90% of cops use, just laser.

Comment

Originally posted by Edbean View Post
          1.) they are illegal

2.) they dont work for the typical "sonar" radar systems 90% of cops use, just laser.

Washington

Radar Detectors in Washington:
          Radar detectors are legal to use in Washington, however they may not be used in commercial vehicles.
          Laser Jammers in Washington:
          Laser jammers are legal to use in Washington.

And yes it is only used for Laser Jamming

And as far as I know it is legal in your state also

Indiana

Radar Detectors in Indiana: Radar detectors are legal to use in Indiana.
          Laser Jammers in Indiana:
          Laser jammers are legal to use in Indiana.

Unless you have a case law or traffic rule code that states otherwise.

Only in 9 States:
          Laser Jammers in California: Laser jammers are illegal to use in California.
          Laser Jammers in Colorado: Laser jammers are illegal to use in Colorado.
          Laser Jammers in Illinois: Laser jammers are illegal to use in Illinois.
          Laser Jammers in Minnesota: Laser jammers are illegal to use in Minnesota.
          Laser Jammers in Nebraska: Laser jammers are illegal to use in Nebraska.
          Laser Jammers in Oklahoma: Laser jammers are illegal to use in Oklahoma.
          Laser Jammers in Utah: Laser jammers are illegal to use in Utah.
          Laser Jammers in Virginia: Laser jammers are illegal to use in Virginia.
          Laser Jammers in Washington, DC: Laser jammers are illegal to use in Washington, DC.
          Last edited by Dynamic; 04-23-2009, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Buddy of mine has a motorcycle radar detector setup madeby Whistler I believe. It works awesome!!!! It is made just for bikes. Check that out
            2007 Honda CBR600rr
            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
            sigpic

Comment

Whistler discontinued that model (and don't offer bike-specific models any more)... They didn't do too well on sensitivity tests at RadarBusters -- probably not that big a deal on a motorcycle (which paints a smaller picture).
              On the other hand, you can still find them out there are close-out prices (under $200 now).

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet

The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamic View Post
                Washington

Radar Detectors in Washington:
                Radar detectors are legal to use in Washington, however they may not be used in commercial vehicles.
                Laser Jammers in Washington:
                Laser jammers are legal to use in Washington.

And yes it is only used for Laser Jamming

And as far as I know it is legal in your state also

Indiana

Radar Detectors in Indiana: Radar detectors are legal to use in Indiana.
                Laser Jammers in Indiana:
                Laser jammers are legal to use in Indiana.

Unless you have a case law or traffic rule code that states otherwise.

Only in 9 States:
                Laser Jammers in California: Laser jammers are illegal to use in California.
                Laser Jammers in Colorado: Laser jammers are illegal to use in Colorado.
                Laser Jammers in Illinois: Laser jammers are illegal to use in Illinois.
                Laser Jammers in Minnesota: Laser jammers are illegal to use in Minnesota.
                Laser Jammers in Nebraska: Laser jammers are illegal to use in Nebraska.
                Laser Jammers in Oklahoma: Laser jammers are illegal to use in Oklahoma.
                Laser Jammers in Utah: Laser jammers are illegal to use in Utah.
                Laser Jammers in Virginia: Laser jammers are illegal to use in Virginia.
                Laser Jammers in Washington, DC: Laser jammers are illegal to use in Washington, DC.
                What is your source for that info? I'm curious.
                Let's go riding!

Comment

Originally posted by sharpie6 View Post
                  What is your source for that info? I'm curious.
                  I know most of all the state laws since I work for the Washington State Bar and I am also a Law Student. Laws are always subject to change in other states, but as far as my own state of Washington I still know its all legal. Best way to check your own state is to look up the traffic codes in your area or you may call local or state police on their non-emergency or standard phone line.

Comment

so whats the best motorcycle radar detector?

Comment

hmm I never knew that. Sounds like a good christmas mod

Comment

Thanks for all the info guys, i was not aware that there were specific radar detectors for bikes! Thanks alot

99 750

Comment

Originally posted by 2000gtallout View Post
                          Thanks for all the info guys, i was not aware that there were specific radar detectors for bikes! Thanks alot
                          Bike ones generally have three features others don't:
                          Waterproof
                          Big buttons (so you can use 'em with gloves)
                          Some form of secondary remote notification (light in the helmet or dash, etc) so you are more likely to notice.

Now all that said, for decades, riders have been using car-style ones simply mounted in waterproof boxes with great success, or using car-style split-systems (separate pick-up and display) with the pick-up mounted in the bike (behind the third-eye panel of the Kat for example). The waterproof box concept is a really good solution, BUT the heat inside those boxes in the summer tends to be really hard on the units.

Cheers,
                          =-= The CyberPoet

Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

If it stops you from getting one speeding ticket, it has paid for itself
                            2007 Honda CBR600rr
                            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh makes good sense, i never thought about it for the large buttons. Waterproof makes sense though. Thanks again for the info.

99 750

Comment

Working...
                              X