X

simple question i think

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• simple question i think

ok so i was at the dealership the other day to get some odds and ends for my kat and then the guy lookin up parts said "uh oh" im like can ne thing go right for once. So i asked whats wrong and he said they have 2 light bulbs for the "dash" where it says if the turn signals are on and highbeam and oil light. Well i needed a replacement high beam bulb for the dash and he guessed and gave me the higher wattage of the 2. Do i have anything i should worry about or does anyone know the correct wattage for that bulb b4 i mess something up.

Haynes Manual (that you can access from this forum) says the high beam indicater light is 12V, 1.4 watt for the GSX600/750F. The rating for the GSX750 is 12V 1.7 watt. You never sai what model you have in your post. Truth be told, it really shouldn't make a difference. The higher wattage bulb will be a 'little' bit brighter, and it may be ever so slightly warmer to the touch. I wouldn't expect there to be any effect of using the higher wattage bulb.
    2000 Katana 600, Hooligan Bike
    2005 FJR 1300 ABS
    2001 Ninja 500 Hooligan Bike

When all ya got is hammers, everything looks like a nail - Unknown

Comment

sorry i have a 96 600 kat
      i know this is a dumb question but how do i do that id love to get my hands on that haynes
      Last edited by jono237; 04-20-2009, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Do a search on here for haynes manual. There are several for downloading.
        Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
        Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

You can get the haynes manual from the wiki search for "shop manual"

As for the bulb, I found a 12v bulb of a slightly lower wattage at pep boys. It was about $3.

Last edited by steves; 04-20-2009, 05:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Personally, I recommend replacing these bulbs (and all the dash bulbs if even one burns out) with LED replacements -- you can score them from http://www.superbriteleds.com/ (I can't remember the part numbers off the top of my head, but have put together such kits in the past).

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
            CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
            The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I can't see that through the content filter at work, but I would be interested to see what the offerings are, and the cost.
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

i figured it out guys hey athanks for all your help it was really informative and for all who may care the guy ended up selling me the replacement bulb for the speedo tach and gas guages and thats a 12v 3watt so glad i double checked when i actually need a 12v 1.7 watt! glad i checked.

Comment

Working...
                X