X

clutch kill switch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch kill switch

My bike won't start at all and I have no iead as to why, the engine doesn't even attempt to turn over so i know it's something electrical. I've rulled out a faulty battery because I did a voltage test and i also have full lights and everything when i turn the ignition key, just nothing happens when I push the start up button. I've volt tested the kill switch and the ignition switch and they show that its a complete circuit so I'm only left with maybe its the clutch kill switch. But i've never had a bike with a clutch kill switch so I have no idea what it does or how it works and I don't have the manual
    Can anyone give me a rundown of the clutch killswitch system and maybe it'll help figure out the problem?
    1999 Katana 750

Don't forget the side stand the neutral switch..
    This is the pre schematic:
    http://home.grandecom.net/~pyds/gallery_files/wiring%2093-96.jpg

The clutch switch connects to the harness under the tank. Conveniently they made it a male/ female connection like the turn signals. So you can connect the two wires from the harness together bypassing the clutch switch..

Comment

I can just bypass it! hell yeah I'm doing that I though i'd have to replace the whole thing
      1999 Katana 750

Comment

Just be careful.
        I never even knew the Kat had a clutch switch, I was just so well trained after 12+ years of riding to always pull in the clutch. Then it was only after owning the bike a while I realized it was jumpered..

Comment

I just need it to get started cause right now the bike won't start at all. I think the plug for the kill switch is broken so it always thinks it's engaged
          1999 Katana 750

Comment

Just run the wires together, thats what I did. I still have a brand new clutch safety switch in the bag from Suzuki just sitting around
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Working...
            X