X

garage door opener FAIL

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• garage door opener FAIL

read the threads on hard wiring my garage door opener into bike headlight flash system
    Was ready to sacrifice a remote tonight and luckily noticed that it only uses a 3V lithium battery before the butchering started
    Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

nothing a 3v voltage regulator and some soldering won't fix
    2000 Katana 600
    2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Why don't you just add a button.... I have a little momentary pushbutton switch (out of an old vcr--it's pretty flat) that I glued under the speedscreen on the "dash". Even when it's raining It hasn't gotten wet.
      I don't have any problems and unless you are really looking -you don't notice it. Just an idea
      Horn broken--watch for finger....

Comment

Get one of those weight pads they used to use at grocery stores to open the doors. Then all you have to do is pull up and wait on the door. No remote needed!
        94 600 With a GSX-R 1100 engine. Stretched, lowered. Air shifter, Nitrous, Who knows what next...

Comment

Most of those work by radar nowadays ....
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Yeah, so the old style should be east to find cheap. WIN!
            94 600 With a GSX-R 1100 engine. Stretched, lowered. Air shifter, Nitrous, Who knows what next...

Comment

Originally posted by RoadRacer61 View Post
              Yeah, so the old style should be east to find cheap. WIN!

i suspect they hit the dumpsters 20 years ago.

and it's kinda hard to haul the pressure pad on the bike, throw it down then roll the bike over it to open the door.

i just stick a mini remote in the tankbag. backup to that is the keypad by the garage door.
              KLR 650, KLR 250, Beta TR 32 trials bike, Katana 600, BMW R65, Tundra V8 4x4

Comment

I just put the garage door opener inbetween the windscreen and dash. That way I'm not limited to which door I pull the bike into. Although, wifey get's mad when I take up her spot You can see it in this pic...

Wow, has my bike ever changed since that pic!
                Last edited by GytRDunKat; 04-09-2009, 09:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Originally posted by RoadRacer61 View Post
                  Get one of those weight pads they used to use at grocery stores to open the doors. Then all you have to do is pull up and wait on the door. No remote needed!
                  That way, anyone that wants in your house can just step on the pad!
                  sigpic

Comment

Or add a cheap relay..

Comment

Working...
                    X