X

90 not charging

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90 not charging

i posted this tread in another spot then found this one so sorry for the double post,,,ok i have a 1990 1100 katana it will not charge at all no lights nothing when i hook up the jumper cables workers fine starts right up but when i remove the jumper cables dies at once i check the 4 fuses on the right side they are good ....any help please??
    GO HARD OR GO HOME

Don't mean to sound like a smartass but how old is the battery?

Comment

less then a year

but even once i jump it ...it will not run when i take the jumper cables off
      Last edited by jimbowv; 04-07-2009, 09:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      GO HARD OR GO HOME

Comment

Still could be the battery, had that same thing happen to me on a car, it was the battery then.

Comment

Bad battery.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

But would it still run when I remove the jumper cable
            GO HARD OR GO HOME

Comment

If the battery is bad enough, it would die once the cables are removed like you said happened.

Comment

Do you have a digital multimeter? What does it read with the bike off. What does it read with the bike on @ 4000 RPM?
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

find the wires coming up from the alternator, and take the connector apart, inspect, clean, and firmly reseat. then go thru each fuse, checkingyour wiring diagram for a main fuse or breaker away from the fuse block. a weak or bad battery prolly plays a large part in the problem. check it bike off, trying to start, and running voltages
                  99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                  1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                  '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                  Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

thanks for the help so far brothers i will give it a try and see if that does it thanks
                    GO HARD OR GO HOME

Comment

Working...
                    X