X

HID conversion kits

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HID conversion kits

I am looking to get a hold of some HID light with the ballist and I was ask of what kind of light fixture do I have, so I am asking you guys for some help on that issue. I have 06 kat 600, I know the nuber I am looking for starts with a "H", somthing like H4, H6, H9 etc. Any help would be greatful.
    Shinny side up!

H4 is the headlight bulb for the Post's Kats.

I believe H4 is also interchangeable with 9006 but don't quote me on that as I am not sure.
    How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
    How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
    How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
    How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Originally posted by squiggy View Post
      H4 is the headlight bulb for the Post's Kats.

I believe H4 is also interchangeable with 9006 but don't quote me on that as I am not sure.

im pretty sure its the 9003 that its interchangable with

$100 for the kit
      Last edited by 05katblew; 04-06-2009, 12:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
      '05 Katana 600
      DnD Slip On

sigpic

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the info, I had thought the same but was not sure.
        Shinny side up!

Comment

Originally posted by 05katblew View Post

That kit is a single bulb.

Look up ebay seller hidgate and send him a message. He has an online store that he will give you access to and he sells a 2 bulb bi-xenon set WITH slim ballasts for $115 with free shipping....

You will also want to get an wiring harness for these.... The default wiring for the Kat is not set up to handle the surge of the ballasts firing....
          I am a Penn State fanatic.
          Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Where would I get a wiring harness for the HID lights, I was also told to get a delay relay so that the lights will delay start up after the bike starts so that the starter and HID firing up are not at the same time. feedback please!!!
            Shinny side up!

Comment

Get the H4 wiring harness from here. I actually JUST placed my order for my SV....

Oh and as for the relay to stop the lights from firing when you start the bike. I guess that would be ideal. I think Cyber put one on his ike and you can contact him about it.

I did not have any relay on my kat and have had the HIDs for about a year on there without any issue. I think you will be fine as long as you have a decent battery and do not let the battery drain low so as to require your bike to churn a few times before turning over. That will result in some quickstrikes to the bulbs. I had this happen a few times as my last battery was on its last leg but again my lights were fine.

I had 5000K as well BUT will be going 6000K this time for the SV. I figure I might like the 6000K a little bit more and if not I will swap out with the Kat... LOL
              Last edited by soulpatch; 04-09-2009, 10:59 PM.

Comment

http://www.retrosolutionsllc.com/ser...VERSION/Detail

Comment

Good lord you all love expensive kits........

The wire harness from SUVHeadlights shipped is $61

HIDs with SLIM ballasts (and not the thick ones in that link) from the guy on ebay HIDGate are all of $70 shipped to your door unles syou message him and he gives you the site to take $5 off.

Total of 126....

Hell you can get bi-xenon lights from him for $115 witht he slim ballasts and get the wire harness for less then that site....

Comment

$200?!?
                    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                    Originally posted by soulless kaos
                    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

i bought mine off ebay i went with the 7500k works so great you will not be dissapointed!

Comment

Originally posted by mheidemanjr View Post
                        i bought mine off ebay i went with the 7500k works so great you will not be dissapointed!

I guess you liked the Blueish tint instead of the extra light???

Comment

Originally posted by soulpatch View Post
                          Good lord you all love expensive kits........

The wire harness from SUVHeadlights shipped is $61

HIDs with SLIM ballasts (and not the thick ones in that link) from the guy on ebay HIDGate are all of $70 shipped to your door unles syou message him and he gives you the site to take $5 off.

Total of 126....

Hell you can get bi-xenon lights from him for $115 witht he slim ballasts and get the wire harness for less then that site....
                          Nope! just like quality. The kit for my pre 98 was $135. Five years back a good kit would run about $600.

http://www.retrosolutionsllc.com/ser...VERSION/Detail
                          Last edited by GSXfs600; 04-10-2009, 09:06 PM.

Comment

This site or Hid kit is not the ones us kats need, our bulb need the Bixenon that will lets us have both high and low beams

Hidgate on ebay is not found when I searched the stores for that name
                            Last edited by sportbikemike; 04-10-2009, 09:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                            Shinny side up!

Comment

Originally posted by sportbikemike View Post
                              This site or Hid kit is not the ones us kats need, our bulb need the Bixenon that will lets us have both high and low beams

Hidgate on ebay is not found when I searched the stores for that name
                              Thats the kit I installed in my Kat. It is BiXenon and works great.

Comment

Working...
                              X