No announcement yet.
X

HID conversion kits

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the fall, I purchased a HID kit with another member. We have a kit that had the HID bulb and a halogen for the high beam. I just switch on my highbeams when ever I start the bike, and then flip the HID on to avoid running a delay.

Questions, answers and posts pertaining to electrical mods and problems
    Semper Fi
    1 Mar Div 3rd LAR BN (01-05)

Comment

Just FYI: I still have an unused SuvHeadlight.com wiring kit for dual-H4's sitting here for sale -- 20% under whatever they get just to clear it out (I ended up not needing it when I converted over my Kat, because the system I went with included everything).

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
      CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
      The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by sportbikemike View Post
        This site or Hid kit is not the ones us kats need, our bulb need the Bixenon that will lets us have both high and low beams

Hidgate on ebay is not found when I searched the stores for that name

That is his store.

If you get an H4 bulb it has a low that is a HID and the high beam is a halogen. You can get a bi-xenon to simply hange the angle of the bulb for low and high should you wish. On my kat I do not have bi-xenon and honestly have never needed to shift into a high beam.

Originally posted by GSXfs600 View Post
        Nope! just like quality. The kit for my pre 98 was $135. Five years back a good kit would run about $600.

http://www.retrosolutionsllc.com/ser...VERSION/Detail
        WHatever you need to tell yourself man. A single bulb running 135.... Sorry but you got taken but a flashy site IMHO.

I amongst many others have ordered from the Ebay guy and his gear is top notch. Yes you will need a seperate wiring harness as he does not supply one which is appropriate for a bike BUT you get everything else in top notch quality.

Cyber - I wish I had known about the harness as I would have grabbed it. I figured you sold it by now and ordered one of my own.
        Last edited by soulpatch; 04-10-2009, 11:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        I am a Penn State fanatic.
        Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Your claims are baseless, as you've never had the kit I purchased in your hands.

I've bought many kits of ebay (over the last 6 years) and it's hit or miss! If you do have any issue's, most ebay sellers dont stick around (or keep the same user name) so your SOL. I have a Philips system in my 4 runner and a Hella system in my truck. I'm not new to HID, but every cheap kit I bought off ebay failed within a year.

Originally posted by soulpatch View Post
          http://stores.ebay.com/Great-Outdoors-Equipments

That is his store.

If you get an H4 bulb it has a low that is a HID and the high beam is a halogen. You can get a bi-xenon to simply hange the angle of the bulb for low and high should you wish. On my kat I do not have bi-xenon and honestly have never needed to shift into a high beam.

WHatever you need to tell yourself man. A single bulb running 135.... Sorry but you got taken but a flashy site IMHO.

I amongst many others have ordered from the Ebay guy and his gear is top notch. Yes you will need a seperate wiring harness as he does not supply one which is appropriate for a bike BUT you get everything else in top notch quality.

Cyber - I wish I had known about the harness as I would have grabbed it. I figured you sold it by now and ordered one of my own.

Comment

Working...
          X