Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Help with installation of clear tail light!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with installation of clear tail light!!

So I just received my clear LED tail light from D2moto.com http://www.d2moto.com/Items/tl012-cl...0%2b%20Signals

I'm not going to use the integrated turn signals (so I left those wires alone) I just wanted the rear tail light. So I swapped it out and then realized two things. 1. The brake light doesn't seem to be any different when applied (doesn't brighten up brighter at all) and 2. The light that lights up the license plate is not lit.

So i pull it back out and realize that there are two wires that run from the license plate light that aren't connected.

So I guess I have two questions:

1. Has anyone had this similar problem with the brake light not lighting up brighter when applied?? I know that there's been a lot of discussion as to the brightness of the LED brake light in general, but from those that own them do they at least brighten up somewhat when the brakes are applied?? I was working on bike in the garage and nothing.

2. How do I attach the wires from the license plate light so that my plate will be lit at night??

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Originally posted by lucha94 View Post
    but from those that own them do they at least brighten up somewhat when the brakes are applied?? I was working on bike in the garage and nothing.
    I have a Clear Alternatives taillight and it's a lot brighter when I hit the brake. Does it not work for the front and rear brakes? Are you sure you hooked the wires up right? And was your taillight before this one working fine?
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

My original brake light works fine. I reattached the original to make sure. As far as connecting the wires correctly, the clear brake light already comes with a "plug" with wiring to the brake light that I just attached to the other end "plug" on my bike. The loose wires are for the signal lights and the license plate light. The brake light is on like it normally would be but does not get brighter when I apply either the hand or foot brake.

Comment

should have bought clear alternative.

Comment

Now you tell me!! This is what I'm working with. Help!!

Last edited by lucha94; 04-05-2009, 10:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Sounds like the bulb adapter isn't wired correctly.
            Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
            -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
            -Terence

Comment

Brooder was right! That was exactly it. After connecting the license plate light one of the wires from the adapter I realized the license plate light only turned on when I used the brakes. So finally putting 1 and 2 together I realized that the wires were wired wrong. Just never thought of that seeing as I bought it brand new and assumed that would be the last thing I would have to worry about. Oh well. Live and learn. So it's all installed and ready to go. However, I do see what everyone is talking about on here about the brightness or lack thereof on the brake light. Thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by lucha94 View Post
                My original brake light works fine. I reattached the original to make sure. As far as connecting the wires correctly, the clear brake light already comes with a "plug" with wiring to the brake light that I just attached to the other end "plug" on my bike. The loose wires are for the signal lights and the license plate light. The brake light is on like it normally would be but does not get brighter when I apply either the hand or foot brake.

The bulb type plug should only fit into original socket one way because of the pins on the side of it
                When I installed mine the little "t1ts" on the bottom of the plug where not soldered well
                One was substatially longer than the other enough that I dont think it would allow both connections to connect , I ended up filing gentley to even them up
                the two loose yellow wires are for the signals, one from left side of bar for left , right-right
                I have both the CA flashing as well as the side signals
                Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

I have just installed mine today! The red and white wire must be switch each other... I've met the same problem. The light stay on brake light! Don't know why they do that. Maybe on busa, thats how they need to be plugged?

I'll show you some pics soon!

Comment

Working...
                  X