X

Got a dumb idea in my head!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a dumb idea in my head!

Ok... I have come to the decision that there are too many wires running around inside my bike. I'm not using the stock ignition anymore, and soon there will be no horn and maybe a couple other things.

Since my ignition has it's own little wire harness, and that's all it needs, would it be feasible to "thin out" my factory harness and remove all of the wires that no longer go anywhere? Would it be easier to just buy a used harness somewhere, mod that one, then reinstall it? Thoughts? Opinions?
    94 600 With a GSX-R 1100 engine. Stretched, lowered. Air shifter, Nitrous, Who knows what next...

Anything is feasible with enough time/money. If you ride your bike daily then modding a used harness might be smarter. That way if you make a mistake you can reinstall the original and keep modding the extra harness.
    Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
    Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

I would get a spare harness... Much easier to work on a bench..

Comment

Working...
      X