X

06 Kat - Electrical System is out!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06 Kat - Electrical System is out!

I have an 06 750. I replaced the throttle grip & body as well as put in a new battery. Before I replaced the weak battery at least I had dim lights. Now I have nothing, absoltuely nothing when I turn the key. I have no electrical system at all. I checked the new battery and the charger says it is charged. The fuses on top of the battery look good. What else can it be? I am stumped on this one. Is there a reset or another fuse along the way that I need to check?

is the battery in backwards?

Comment

If you just checked the fuses at the top of the battery, chances are you missed the main fuse on the right side (if you are nose-to-nose with the bike). That's probably blown for one reason or another.

If that's not it, verify you have everything screwed down tight on the terminals.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheech View Post
        If you just checked the fuses at the top of the battery, chances are you missed the main fuse on the right side
        I have a buddy that has an 04 that learned this lesson. He took it to the stealership and they monkey raped him on the price to change that fuse.
        Former Marine 3/97-3/01
        MOS 0161 Semper FI!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Woodmysta View Post
          I have a buddy that has an 04 that learned this lesson. He took it to the stealership and they monkey raped him on the price to change that fuse.
          Yeah, I was tracking down some wiring issues on mine (wiring red LED's) and thought the fuses over the battery were a little small to be the main fuse. Cracked open the manual and there it was.

Comment

Did you put a voltmeter on the "new" battery to check it or did you just believe the battery charger? Also, did your new battery come with electrolyte installed or did you fill it (or is it even filled now)?

Comment

I have done all the above. I think I found the culprit, though. I followed the positive lead off the battery to a conglomeration that had two 30 amp fuses. One of these was blown. Tomorrow I will know if that took care of it!

Comment

good luck!
                Former Marine 3/97-3/01
                MOS 0161 Semper FI!
                sigpic

Comment

Good find, I believe one of those 30 amp fuses is a spare.
                  2002 GSXF 750

Comment

One 30 amp fuse and the Kitty Kat is purring again. There are two fuses mounted on opposite sides of the battery cable a little less than a foot from the battery terminal. I had to take out about 6 cowling screws and pull the cowling out of the bracket just below the fuel tank to reach this area. It is possible that one of the fuses is a spare but it doesnt look like it. SO I bought some extras. Thanks to all for the ideas. I thought I was looking @ $$$$$$$. If it would only stop raining....... I'm going into withdrawls........

Comment

Glad you got it running!!
                      This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                      BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Rod View Post
                        One 30 amp fuse and the Kitty Kat is purring again. There are two fuses mounted on opposite sides of the battery cable a little less than a foot from the battery terminal. I had to take out about 6 cowling screws and pull the cowling out of the bracket just below the fuel tank to reach this area. It is possible that one of the fuses is a spare but it doesnt look like it. SO I bought some extras. Thanks to all for the ideas. I thought I was looking @ $$$$$$$. If it would only stop raining....... I'm going into withdrawls........
                        That's the main fuse assembly I was talking about, you have to take off the main side fairing to get to it. Glad that's all it was.

Comment

lol trust us, one of them is a spare

Glad it was an easy fix

Comment

Im having the same problem with my 96 kat 750. When i turn key all that comes on is the nuetral light and the oil light. My blinkers or my headlight wont work. would it be the same thing???? please help me

Comment

Originally posted by burghy38 View Post
                              Im having the same problem with my 96 kat 750. When i turn key all that comes on is the nuetral light and the oil light. My blinkers or my headlight wont work. would it be the same thing???? please help me
                              Fuses , or breaker .
                              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                              X