X

Turn signals

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn signals

Turn signals are aftermarket, or alteast i think they are. The stay solid most of the time, blink sometimes. Any ideas. (i dont do electrical haha)
    1992 Suzuki Katana 600

I'm not sure I understand your question.
    sigpic

Comment

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO
      you are saying that the signal doesnt flash sometimes?
      If it doesnt flash check to see if the front or rear is not lit
      If one is not lit change that bulb that isnt lit
      If both left and right dont work probably the flasher needs to be replaced

IF you replaced the lights with LED's you will need a different flasher because the LED doesnt draw enough to make the stock flasher work !!
      Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

Sorry guys haha i guess that was a real bad explanation

-All turn signals work. But when i use them, they sometimes just stay on solid. Other times they will blink like a normal signal. They are not LED. and here is no rhyme or reason to thier madness. So idk what could cause that
        1992 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

probably flasher unit
          Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

I see. wheres this unit located on the bike?
            1992 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Flasher unit is located above & forward of the battery, just behind the airbox on most models; it's located to the left of the battery area (just outside the frame) on some model years.

You might want to start with some basic electrical diagnostics -- if they are on solid, and not using LED's, do they vary in brightness at all? If so, there's a grounding problem. If they are solid and unvarying, the flasher relay is bad.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
              CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
              The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

okay, whe it just stays solid the next time, check to make sure your front and back are bothe on and staying on... if they are, ya, it's probably a stuck flasher unit. But if only one light is on, take a look at the wiring and connector for the light that's out.

Could be you just need to clean up your connector.
                "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

No they all work good, just dont flash. Its got to be the flasher unit. Ill check it out when it stops raining
                  1992 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

Working...
                  X