Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Looking to farkle Katana 1100 - how to wire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to farkle Katana 1100 - how to wire?

Hello all -

I am adding an Autocom to my 89 Kat 1100 as well as a power bus to more easily connect my two electric vest pigtails and a wire to a 12 volt side dash mounted car-cigarrette type plug for other items.

Everything will go under the seat but having trouble figuring out where a good ignition controlled power source is to tap into under the seat.

anyone know? Pictures would make life easy if you have them.

Thanks!

i wired my autocom into my tail light.

Originally posted by Swampy View Post
    Hello all -

I am adding an Autocom to my 89 Kat 1100 as well as a power bus to more easily connect my two electric vest pigtails and a wire to a 12 volt side dash mounted car-cigarrette type plug for other items.

Everything will go under the seat but having trouble figuring out where a good ignition controlled power source is to tap into under the seat.

anyone know? Pictures would make life easy if you have them.

Thanks!

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Originally posted by chinto View Post
      i wired my autocom into my tail light.
      Ditto, except I wired my my Blue Sea fuse box to the battery via a relay connected to the tail light.

Pop out the tail light power pin and piggy-back the lead for the relay. The pic bellow is just for reference. This pic is from my Hyper Lites install. It does or does not show the correct wire.

How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
      How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
      How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
      How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Thanks guys but running two vests and gps and a audiocom on one brake light power circuit seems a bit sketchy to me.

I might put in a marine power and ground bus with fuses for the gps and vests and just do the autocom to the brake so it is on a keyed switch.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Swampy View Post
          Thanks guys but running two vests and gps and a audiocom on one brake light power circuit seems a bit sketchy to me.
          No no no.

The tail light circuit only powers the relay for the Blue Sea fuse box or any fuse box you want. It doesn't power my 10 electrical components I have wired into the fuse box.

My fuse box is powered directly from the battery.
          How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
          How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
          How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
          How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

got it - thanks!

Comment

ONE more frakle question: Anyone have a GPS mounted to their Katana 1100?

How did you mount it? What kind of holder did you use and where did you mount it?

Thanks! - I ride with a tank bag so it need to be up about instrument high.

Comment

Working...
              X