X

Help!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

Hit a major pothole, and lost all lights, horn, dash lights, and turn signals. I still had the headlight. I checked all the fuses and they are all good. I found a stray wire, but I don't know if it was supposed to be hooked up or if it is for something not required. I will attach a pic. If anyone knows what it is let me know. I can't ride right now and it is killing me. It runs strong, but with out lights I feel that I am going to get hit instantly. Thanks in advance, jimpennjr
    Attached Files
    1994 Suzuki GSX600F Katana
    Bone stock
    Looking to mod, Any ideas?

I think that is an extra accessory wire. I would check the fuses again, mine had corroded the fuse sockets themselves and needed cleaned up. If you have a 12 volt test light turn the key on and touch each side on the fuse on the top where you see metal on each side, you should light up on both. If not pull the fuse and check the socket, one side only will be hot without the fuse in. That is a good starting point. OH LUBRICATE YOUR CHAIN

Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

You could also wiggle the harness at the ignition switch..

Comment

Search for all the relays and push them together again. Someone on here might be able to suggest which one if they had a shop manual.
        sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
        ------------------------------------------
        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

ground wire prolly shook loose or came disconnected. check all black with white stripe wires up there in the head while goin thru the rest of the connections. what's the color of that loose wire? most have a brown, and black with white combo loose up there for the always on tail light circut. Orange is usually power after the ign switch if memory serves
          Last edited by DumbLuck; 08-15-2008, 11:12 AM.
          99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
          1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
          '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
          Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Still need help

I looked over the wiring diagram for my 94 600 Katana, and also looked over the bike. I keep going back to the diagram to see where a break or short could be. The headlight and the highbeam indicator are the only electrical things that work. The front and rear turns are out, horn doesn't work, rear running and brake light, and license plate lights, dash lights, tachometer are all out. The fuel gauge does work. If anyone could look over the diagram and give me something to go on, it would be greatly appreciated. It has been tough the last two days with perfect weather and not be able to ride with the nice weather coming to an end. Thanks in advance, jimpennjr

Below are some pics I took, Let me know if anything looks out of whack.
            Attached Files
            Bone stock

Comment

I had that exact same problem. Turns out, one of my fuses was bad, even though it looked okay. I changed all of them, and it lit up like a christmas tree.

Comment

Thanks bubba, I will give it a try this weekend and post the results.
                Bone stock

Comment

bubba600 you are my new favorite hero. I owe you a beer if you are ever in CT. I replaced all the fuses and it lit up like a Christmas tree. Thanks again to everyone at Katriders. Now I can ride again.

Mods please lock this thread.
                  Bone stock

Comment

Comment

Same problem here. I have my speedo and headlight. No blinkers or tach or brake light so all check fuses today!
                      sigpic

You could say that?

Comment

Working...
                      X