X

Wires from the clutch handle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wires from the clutch handle

Where in the !@# do these plug into.To be specific I bought my 94 750 kat about a month ago and have been restoring her.I bought new brake and clutch handles.The cluch handle on my bike now has no wires coming from but the new handle has two yellow wires with green and white stripes.Where do they go and what would be the purpose.It ran before without them pluged in so im confused.Thanks for any help.
    1994 gsx 750f katana

Look under the tank. You will find two wires the same colors connected to each other. Just connect the ones from the clutch..

The reason for this switch is to prevent the starter from operating unless the clutch is in.

Comment

It's the clutch safety switch (Bike won't start unless clutch lever is pulled in). Some previous owner probably bypassed it.

Should be two yellow / green stripe wires coming from clutch handle. They run thru the front of the frame, one connects to a matching yellow / grn wire that runs to the start / kill switch. The other plugs into a yellow / grn that is in the harness than comes from the rear of the bike and runs over the valve cover.

HTH

Comment

thanks guys ill check it out in the morning.
        1994 gsx 750f katana

Comment

Working...
        X