X

Where is the 12V hookup?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is the 12V hookup?

I am looking to hook some LED's up to my bike, but am not sure where to hook them into. Where would i do that at?
    Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

On an 05 Kat 49-state model, the ideal place for the positive is the pigtail connector at the right/front of the frame (right next to the front corner of the valve covers); there's a thermister control plug that is used only on the California Kats, but exists on all the other US Kats as well. One of the wires is a 12 volt ignition sensitive power source; if memory serves correctly, the wire is orange with a white stripe. Just crimp a male spade connector onto the wire you want to feed and plug it in there.

The only good ground, unfortunately for you, is at the battery -- the ground in the thermister control plug isn't a good ground (it's actually related to what should be plugged in there).

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

If possible can anyone ppost a pic of the connector. I'm gonna try and find it myself tonight, but would like some conformation if possible. Thanks Cyber.

Comment

Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
        18v Rigid Drill
        Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
        New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

double post
          Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
          18v Rigid Drill
          Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
          New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Thanks Reconstyle, that is a BIG help!

Comment

Working...
            X