X

GSXF katana 600 2006 no spark

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSXF katana 600 2006 no spark

So ive done a lot to this bike to try and get this thing to start, ive very little history of the bike but all I know was it has sat for a while, not sure the entirety of a while is but it just wont spark, the starter motor kicks on fine, ive got a good battery, I bought some used parts to try and see if that would fix it but I feel like its a hit or miss with the used parts, a used CDI a used alternator (I didn't feel like taring a part an alternator so I just bought entirely different one, I bought another signal generator tried all of these things and still no spark

Originally posted by warhero2434 View Post
    So ive done a lot to this bike to try and get this thing to start, ive very little history of the bike but all I know was it has sat for a while, not sure the entirety of a while is but it just wont spark, the starter motor kicks on fine, ive got a good battery, I bought some used parts to try and see if that would fix it but I feel like its a hit or miss with the used parts, a used CDI a used alternator (I didn't feel like taring a part an alternator so I just bought entirely different one, I bought another signal generator tried all of these things and still no spark
    First check the ignition switch is OEM, and in good shape. Take it apart even, and make sure you don't have a partially broken connection inside.

The switch has to be OEM and working right to turn on the ignitor. Otherwise you could have exactly the issue you describe.

After that, check voltage at the coils. Should be min of 11v key on, and starter turning the motor over.

Any other electrical issues that you have noticed? Dash lights work, safety switches work, so on?

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
    X