X

Electrical Gremlins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical Gremlins

I'm leaving for Houston in a few minutes and didn't even begin to search so I apologize before hand. The bike sat for about a day and a half with a battery in it that started the day before. Yesterday, the battery had very little juice in it - enough to barely light the headlamp and the oil and nuetral lights. I tried jumping from my jeep, but I was pressed for time. Today, I took it into O'rielly to check it. They put it on the trickle charger for 6 hours or so. The guy that helped me when I went to pick it up seemed more interested in getting me out rather than actually helping me and told me that it was fine. I put it back on the bike, got it to actually turn over, though it seemed sluggish, fired up and died as I didn't use the choke. When I thumbed the starter again, everything went dim as before. I tried reconnecting the battery and all it did then was make a strange noise and send the rpm needle to 8000. Is it more likely that the battery is long gone, that something is draining the battery, or both?
    Hopefully I'll be jumping out of a plane tomorrow (weather permitting) but wanted to at least explain the problem before I left. Thanks guys.

Long Live the D

Possibly a bad cell in the battery? I had a car battery that checked out fine until you ran over a dime in the roadway. Then almost completely dead. Batteries are weird voodoo science.
    What was it reading with a voltmeter? Also chain parts store clerks can go either way. Some good, some bad. Kinda like batteries.
    AAA-Anarchy, Armaggedon, Annihilation

Comment

CyberPoet's Electrical and Charging System Diagnostics

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
      X