Electrical problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical problem

Quick history.

My 97 kat 600 was stolen and then recovered a week later. The thieves drilled out the ignition, and cut the ignition wires, and took a few fuses out. Other than that, I didn't see any damage.

So, I replace the ignition with a new one, and go to start...dead battery. I jump the bike and it starts fine but the low beam headlight bulb blows and it is running a little funny. I am selling it to a friend so to be on the safe side I replace the battery. The bike starts up fine with the new battery but everytime I switch the lights from normal to bright all the lights on the bike dim down and then come back up like there was a surge or something and it blows the main fuse so when I turn the bike on there is no power until I replace the fuse again. If I just leave the bike with the brights on it starts/runs fine. Any suggestions?

check for exposed wires where the insulation was stripped or worn away. often times that will cause a fuse to blow.

Long Live the D

Comment

I traced all the wires as far as I could from the headlight but I couldn't find anything exposed, worn etc.

Comment

hmmm, no experience from the wizards?

Comment

Working...
        X