X

wiring harness routing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring harness routing

can anyone tell me how the wiring harness is routed in the 88-97 katana 600. I think I have it right I just want some of your input. Starting at the fuse block it runs all the way up the right side of the frame. At the point were the head is closest to the frame the ignition switch/handelbar controls stay on the left side and kind of all connect just inside the frame. The guage/headlight connections cross on top of the motor, being held in place by that metal clip, and then run up the left side, does that sound about right? Also do the handelbar controls run outside of the forks and into the frame, or inside the forks and into the frame?

Did you get this straight Arsenic?

Your routing is right up to the forks, and I believe inside the forks is correct.
    AMA member # 224227

Comment

Yeah I sat there and just starred at the harness sitting in the frame and came up with the right routing. Next time I'm certainly going to take pics or make a diagram before I rip out the harness. It was just one of those things, when you get ahead of yourself and forget to do everything carefully.

Comment

Yeah I did that. Messed up the routing on my Throttle cable, and had heck getting it right, so it didn't bind when I turned to the right.
        AMA member # 224227

Comment

Working...
        X