X

batteries which is best

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• batteries which is best

just thought i would ask which battery have yall had the best luck with and find to last the longest. i am going to have to buy a new one pretty quick mine wont hold a charge for more than a few days if i leave it sitting it seams like.
    "you build a life of success a day at a time"
    Tim Hultz

Yuasha batteries are OEM and generally considered the best of breed for motorcycle use.

Your bike takes a Yuasa YTX9-BS maint-free battery as stock. It's a good battery, and what I am running right now.

You can also install the following upgrade batteries:

Yuasa YTX9 (same size, same spec, factory sealed)

Yuasa YTZ10S (12mm shorter, same size as your battery in the other dimensions, 1 Amp-hour higher rating, 70 CCA's more).

*May Fit - may need slight mods to your battery strap*:
    Yuasa YTZ14S (5mm taller than your existing battery, same size in all other dimensions, 2.2 Amp-hour higher rating, almost double the CCA rating). This is the battery I will probably be installing when I replace mine next time.

All motorcycle batteries fail over time due to heat, vibration and drainage. Every time your battery drains down to the point it won't start the bike, it loses 25 to 40% of it's remaining long term storage capacity permanently.
    You can't really do anything about the heat and vibration, but you can max out your battery's lifespan by keeping it hooked to an appropriately rated float or trickle charger when not in use (to keep it from draining), such as the BatteryTender series of chargers (should be 0.8 amp-hour, aka 800 milliamp-hour charge rate for your OEM battery). I use a BatteryTender WaterProof 800 for this purpose.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
    X