X

need some help asap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some help asap

ok i was pulling my front wheel up today.then i felt something hit me in the back.i chain broke( didnt hurt me) but any ways on further inspection. i lost my clutch.the lever just pulls back. i took the farings off. and noticed that the housing covering the front sproket is busted. i havent had a chance to pull it off yet( have to buy new allen wrenches) but i was wonding where i could get another housing.im gonna go ahead and replace both sprokets.i was wondeing what sprokets i would need to pull the front wheel easyer, but still be able to ride around 115, any help would be great....
    thanks

I'm sorry, I'm a little confused....when you say 'pulled the wheel up' do you mean you tried a wheelie? If so, wow, I've never heard of a chain breaking then...

You could try for those covers on Ebay, or post up in the "Parts" section. Like: WTB front sprocket cover or something to that nature.

Comment

I can't comment on the chain combo you'll want but if your replacing the sprockets and chain you might as well order the cush drive pads too and do them at the same time. They're $5x5 from ronayers and you're probably due to swap them out too.

The cover you should beable to get off ebay or pm braadajim to see if he has one.
      Kyle

Comment

what are cush drive pads??? im new to bikes??? and yes i was pulling a wheelie

Comment

Originally posted by jsayle
          what are cush drive pads???
          With the bike off grab your rear sprocket and try to turn it, if it moves a lot your pads are worn.

Here's pics

When you pull your rear wheel off to change the sprocket you'll see them, they cushion the power transfer from your rear sprocket to your rear tire and go inside your cush drive.
          Kyle

Comment

can some one tell me where to excatly find cush pads for my 96 600 kat

Comment

ok messed things up a little more than i thought. ill show pix tomorrow.i think i will need a new cover for behind the sprocket( i dont know what it is called) the clutch pivot bolt broke.and a few other things are messed up.this sucks

Comment

Working...
              X