X

Wileyco L centerstand bracket clearance? how much

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wileyco L centerstand bracket clearance? how much

How much clearance do I need for the wileyco L-shaped bracket?

Attached are pictures of the wileyco bracket that is meant to keep the centerstand from hitting the pipe and rubbing the chain on the other side. When I put it on, it BARELY fits... theres like 1mm of clearance (maybe not even) between the top of the bracket and the nut. Now, that nut seems to be connected to something that looks like it gives and moves during riding(I dunno, rear suspension???). If that is the rear suspension, do I need to account for some clearance for the ups and downs? or is that fixed and not going to move AT ALL and is this okay?

See the red marks on the bracket.. how much of a notch do I need to cut away to provide adequate clearance.. or is it ok without cutting?
    Attached Files

oops I took the middle pic sideways, heres the correct orientation as not to confuse anybody..
    Attached Files

Comment

Yet another wiley-co problem !!! There are some people on here that will bw able to help you !! This is why I bought a Yoshimura instead.
      Lance
      2005 Kat 600

Comment

I weas going to go out in the garage and bounce up and down on the bike to see if the bracket will rub at all during movement of the swingarm. Then I remembered I'm currently replacing my chain sprockets and cush drive so I can't really help with the rear tire off the bike

I hope to have it back together ASAP and I'll let you know.

There's a number of guys that have had Wileyco's on for a few years now so it seems odd if this is an issue no one has mentioned it.
        Kyle

Comment

Well, I just brought the bracket to a friend with an angle grinder and he cut out a nice notch in it to clear the nut.....just in case... and I should have thought of the bouncing up and down on the bike myself.. doh....

Comment

I finally got my wheel back on and looking at it there is a small gap at the full extension of the swing are with the bike on the cener stand. I don;t think it'll hit unless the swingarm can overtend.

But I'll try bounceing the bike and see if anything happens.
            Kyle

Comment

Working...
            X