X

Just ordered my sprockets!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just ordered my sprockets!!!

Hey guys, I'm so psyched that I am getting my sprockets soon. I just ordered them from Sprocket Specialties. My friend Jason a.k.a. BLACKDEATH referred me to them. I have a 2000 kat 600 which has a 15/47 tooth count. In order to get a lil blast of acceleration, I ordered 14/49 tooth combo. The best news is that i am getting an Xchain.
    Without Fuel, Fire, and Compression- Air just seems useless!

let us know when you get them on and how it changes your performance.

jC

Comment

First gear will be nearly non-existant . First thing I noticed when I just dropped 1 in the front .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I went down 1 in the front and up 7 in the rear (and still have pretty good use of my first gear
        here's some southerly advice that may come in handy down the road a piece... Next time you are too drunk to drive, walk to the nearest pizza shop and place a delivery order. When they go to deliver it, catch a ride home with them.
        http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h311/dragkota98/

Comment

When I went to a 13/48, I did notice that first was extremely short, but that's almost an 18% change, so it's expected. A 14/49 is about a 12% change, so you should still be able to get a decent run in first, but the extra torque is definitely worth any losses!

X-ring chains are freakin' expensive hey?!
          FrankenKat 1216
          GS Fiter 816
          GSXR750! (race)

Comment

X-ring chain by EX racing... $109!!!!!!!! (sure beats the $160-$215 that competition accessories quoted me)

Also, the crew at Sprocket Speciatlies had to custom build me an Aluminum rear. She said that they build them for SS bikes and they are EXTREMELY durable and hard but 2- 2 1/2 lbs lighter. This will Definitely help with the spin up due to less rotating mass. Life is supposed to be about the same as a regular steel suzuki rear sprocket. Do you guys think i was had?

Total tally:
            Front steel 14 tooth- $16.99
            Rear Custom AL 49 tooth- $73.99
            X-ring Chain 530-120 w rivet links-$108.99 (I know that our kats have a standard length of 112 links but it is better to have extra to cut off than be too short)

Jason aka BLACKDEATH has a chain break... so dont have to go with the alternative ?clasp? style master links. I could have saved a ton by going to 520 but i was already saving on the Xchain so... i feel justified.
            Without Fuel, Fire, and Compression- Air just seems useless!

Comment

Originally posted by shagg_9
              X-ring Chain 530-120 w rivet links-$108.99 (I know that our kats have a standard length of 112 links but it is better to have extra to cut off than be too short)
              Was searching for something else and read this, isn't stock 118 link not 112?
              Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by woobie
                Was searching for something else and read this, isn't stock 118 link not 112?
                i do believe it is.

Long Live the D

Comment

Working...
                X