X

This guys used {damaged} Yosh exhaust adds 20-30% HP

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This guys used {damaged} Yosh exhaust adds 20-30% HP

20-30% HP gain and he says that its costs 380 new. Wow what a deal he is offering.

My Every Move Is A Calculated Step............

*~*~*~*KNIGHTRIDERS*~*~*~*

Mmmurrphphfffth!

I sent him a question asking if he had any dyno graphs to prove the claimed 20 to 30% improvement. And some sucker already bid on it too!

There's one born every minute!

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

His response:

Originally posted by StreetBusa1018
      i never had the bike dyno-ed before i wrecked it. i used to have the papers when i bought the pipe from yosh stating what it had dyno-ed at on a graph but i had trashed them thinkin i didnt need them. i know i gained alot more horsepower once i put it on.from the torque to pull up wheelies.... to alot more top end in 6th gear. but no, no actual graphs for you to see. if your really interested i can get those original graphs from YOSH for this pipe from their testing results. i work down at cyclegear, i can get those if your really interested. it might take a few days i would have to contact yosh and have them send me another specs and graphs results paper.
      Indeed...

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Hmm Jimmy ya holding back on info for the boards that only cyclegear employees are privilige too from Yoshi?

For shame for shame.
        One project done, now on to the next few!!
        Explanation to girlfriend," I could be blowing time and money on strippers and booze!!!"

"Ahhh! The bliss of retirement and being broke all at the same time!!"

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
          And some sucker already bid on it too!

There's one born every minute!

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          What that isn't a good deal? Uh, can I withdraw my bid.

Comment

And a SLIP-ON at that . He works at Cycle Gear , have one of our boys go get him .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Here is my ebay queston to him.

What cyclegear do you work for? Are you a MGR or just sales? Just and FYI a slip on does not add 20-30%HP it may add at max it may add 5-10hp and you would know this since you work at CG. You should know that the Scorpions display tells you how much their slip on increases HP so how would a Yosh slip on add more power. I do not think so. Need to read up a bit more on your stats before you claim them.
              www.mopowersports.com

Comment

why dont you get a scorpion!i think i paid 320 from a dealership.i did not get 30%more hp but i did get a kick ass sound

Comment

with a 600 claimed HP around 68 HP stock

68 * 20 %= 81.6 HP
                  68 * 30 %= 88.4 HP

if i still had my kat i'd be all over that !

tim

Comment

come on eveyone its obvious that dent helps increase the flow which is giving him the big hp gains. i might go make some 'speed dents' im my pipe too now
                    03 katanika

Comment

When I get home i'm gonna hammer a HUGE dent in my Yosh pipe so I can get a 30% HP gain too
                      OR
                      Maybe there is someone here that will trade their dented and scratched pipe for my perfect condition one
                      I don't need a girlfriend... Windows goes down on me everyday!

Comment

I just checked out the other stuff he has sold. Turns out he is quite the ebay seller. He sold a used First gear jacket for $189 and a used HJC Helmet for $99. He says that the Yosh was from a wrecked Katana, I wonder if this gear was being worn when the bike was crashed. I hope the buyer at least ask him questions about the helmet. I dont think it would be a good idea to buy a used helmet period.
                        My Every Move Is A Calculated Step............

*~*~*~*KNIGHTRIDERS*~*~*~*

Comment

And if all the above is not enough.............I sent him this just now:

Just so you actually know the truth.........

I've put LOTS of pipes on Kats. NONE, and I repeat NONE are good for more than a few single digit percent HP gains. In fact, putting a Yosh slip-on onto a Kat will yield you a whopping 3-4 HP gain at best......

I've dyno'd these bikes before & after, so I know what I'm talking about and have records to prove it.

I've been working on Katanas for 3 years solid. Just about nothing but Katanas..........

BTW, I'm also 49 years old and have been working on bikes for over 30 years, so I do know a little...

The little bullshi**er............................
                          I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
                          Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
                          Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

you tell him k

Comment

Here is his reply to my message I sent him.

yea the 5-10% horsepower sounds about right. i know all about the scorpion pipe. i dont care too much for them. but thats besides the point.yosh is a better pipe by far as far as sound and power. if you know so much about exhausts then you should know what this pipe will do for you. either bid or dont bid. but dont talk to me like im an idiot. and tantramize my knowledge.
                              www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Working...
                              X