X

Dirty Fuel coming through Breather Hose into airbox

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirty Fuel coming through Breather Hose into airbox

Well, as the title explains, I have dirty, brown fuel spewing into my airbox from the breather hose. Recently I've been dealing with a leaky tank (fixed), leaking fuel hose (fixed), and now I notice this.

Could this be a result of one of the previous two issues (although that seems unlikely) or the symptom of a greater problem? My mind immediately goes to head casket. Oh, and the oil does appear to be 'boiling' through the viewing window. It also sounds like the bike is missing a cylinder when it runs.

I like puttering around on the bike, but I'm no mechanic. What do you guys think I'm looking at here?

Thanks for any help you guys may have.

John
    1990 GSX100F

Originally posted by ivandem View Post
    Well, as the title explains, I have dirty, brown fuel spewing into my airbox from the breather hose. Recently I've been dealing with a leaky tank (fixed), leaking fuel hose (fixed), and now I notice this.

Could this be a result of one of the previous two issues (although that seems unlikely) or the symptom of a greater problem? My mind immediately goes to head casket. Oh, and the oil does appear to be 'boiling' through the viewing window. It also sounds like the bike is missing a cylinder when it runs.

I like puttering around on the bike, but I'm no mechanic. What do you guys think I'm looking at here?

Thanks for any help you guys may have.

John
    1990 GSX100F
    Your carb float needle in at least, if not more... of the carbs is leaking fuel. Instead of sealing off when the bowl if full, fuel is continuing to flow into the bowl and over fill... that will then flow into the cylinders and drain around the rings to mix with the oil in the crank case.

Fix the carbs... then change the oil. Simple as that. No long lasting issues or problems. Fuel doesn't normally even mess up the oil filter, just need to get the fuel out is all, and a standard oil change will do that.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
      Your carb float needle in at least, if not more... of the carbs is leaking fuel.
      Thanks for the info. I'll get the parts and give that a shot.

John

Comment

Working...
      X