X

98+ 750 Carb

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98+ 750 Carb

Can someone please tell me what the empty threaded spot on the lower left corner is for and is it supposed to be like that?
    And is that screw in the center at the bottom to the screw you get to after you drill out the plug?
    Thanks!
    First time posting an image let's see if it works.......

Internet is too slow to load, here is the link
    https://imgur.com/gallery/y2b13
    Last edited by rperry03; 07-27-2017, 08:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yes your 2n description is accurate, that's the A/F screws there
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by rperry03 View Post
      Can someone please tell me what the empty threaded spot on the lower left corner is for and is it supposed to be like that?
      And is that screw in the center at the bottom to the screw you get to after you drill out the plug?
      Thanks!
      First time posting an image let's see if it works.......

Internet is too slow to load, here is the link
      https://imgur.com/gallery/y2b13
      The threaded hole bottom left is not used (that I remember off hand). It's not uncommon for the carb bodies to be used for other applications and there for all of them made the same way. Another bike they are used on may need that threaded hole as part of it's configuration.

Yes, A/F screw for the center bottom.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Okay thanks guys!
        This bike had lean issues when I rode it 10 miles home and was making sure that wasn't a major vac leak.

Soooooo.... It was obvious that these carbs were already apart. During disassembly I noticed that there was already a 114 main jet (guessing dynojet) but the clip was on the #1 groove on the needle and not #3. Would this be just an error of someone replacing it the same as stock and not reading instructions or another? Wondering if this was the primary cause of the low speed driveability

Comment

Originally posted by rperry03 View Post
          Okay thanks guys!
          This bike had lean issues when I rode it 10 miles home and was making sure that wasn't a major vac leak.

Soooooo.... It was obvious that these carbs were already apart. During disassembly I noticed that there was already a 114 main jet (guessing dynojet) but the clip was on the #1 groove on the needle and not #3. Would this be just an error of someone replacing it the same as stock and not reading instructions or another? Wondering if this was the primary cause of the low speed driveability
          Mikuni Jets have a symbol on them, it's a square inside lower corner of a square.

What's the setup on the bike? What exhaust, air filter, air box?...

Generally I'd guess it's probably setup incorrectly, yes... but... more info is needed for tuning purposes.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Stock air box, and filter, yosh slip on
            Really weird carbs, I'm uploading pics now, should only take another hour or so on 3G lol
            There's no overflow for the floats and I really don't see a spot to sync carbs with the exception of the vac port.
            I'll post when they uploaded or at least a link

Installed a dynojet kit couldn't afford a factory or Ivan, already over budget by $500 or so.
            114 main, E clip on third groove, and 2.25 turns out. Waiting on float level gauge to arrive tomorrow, my good caliper gauge is somewhere in storage
            Last edited by rperry03; 07-28-2017, 09:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Last edited by rperry03; 07-29-2017, 06:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Vac port is what you sent for syncing
                Best of luck
                1998 Katana 750
                1992 Katana 1100
                2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Sorry, I was referring where to adjust, not the port to hook the gauges up to. It's been about 12yrs since I performed this so my old brain is a little foggy lol

Comment

There are three screws to balance the carbs between the bodies. Set 3 & 4 with screw between them, then 1 & 2 with screw between them and finally 1&2 with 3& 4 with the centre screw.

Comment

Working...
                    X