X

Removal of the brass tube behind idle jet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removal of the brass tube behind idle jet

Anyone have any idea how (and if) the brass tube behind the idle jet comes out of the carb body? The manual says nothing about it, but I wanted to make sure all parts are thoroughly cleaned.

I recorded a 30s video to show what I'm talking about: youtube.com/watch?v=rzm5B6pqXXg
    Last edited by flyboy; 07-26-2017, 01:57 AM.

I couldn't figure out how to remove that one, resorted to pressing the straw of a can of carb cleaner up to it and hoping for the best which worked out for me but probably not adequate if you're got serious gunk in there. In the carb refurb kit I certainly didn't get a replacement o-ring to go in there so I presumed it's one that just stays there.

Would love to know if and how if does come out too though!

Comment

Not meant to be removed, and not nessasary.

Dip the carb bodies to clean, use a non metal pipe cleaner (they do make them that tiny) or fishing line if you need to push something through it to verify clean. I normally soak 24 hours in berrymans dip and then compressed air blows anything left out.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
      X