X

Need Help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help

I've noticed that the more details you give the better help you can get.

so here we go!

I've been having an issue with my 92 600f. Its lost its power and speed, had a hard time idling, and it was super low. i might have fixed the idle issue, but it still felt like i had almost half less power until way way high on the tach maybe around 9-9500 instead of the the normal 6 like when i first got it. even then i didn't even have to hold on full throttle.

Of course i wanted to fix it, no mechanics!

I did the usual, looked at lines, hoses, checked my plugs, but gave up because i was having a hard time getting them out, tried three different spark plug removers, took the air box off and checked the air filter and all intake connections. looked into the carb and saw the #4 jet needle wasn't seated properly in the hole at the bottom the the carb throat.

So naturally i got curious and opened up the top of the carb assembly and saw that there was a plastic ring just sitting there at the bottom of the piston.

Are the diaphragms from each carburetor supposed to be the same? because i opened up #1 and saw that it looked different, but that one had the needle correct.

Originally posted by ghazkool View Post
    I've noticed that the more details you give the better help you can get.

so here we go!

I've been having an issue with my 92 600f. Its lost its power and speed, had a hard time idling, and it was super low. i might have fixed the idle issue, but it still felt like i had almost half less power until way way high on the tach maybe around 9-9500 instead of the the normal 6 like when i first got it. even then i didn't even have to hold on full throttle.

Of course i wanted to fix it, no mechanics!

I did the usual, looked at lines, hoses, checked my plugs, but gave up because i was having a hard time getting them out, tried three different spark plug removers, took the air box off and checked the air filter and all intake connections. looked into the carb and saw the #4 jet needle wasn't seated properly in the hole at the bottom the the carb throat.

So naturally i got curious and opened up the top of the carb assembly and saw that there was a plastic ring just sitting there at the bottom of the piston.

Are the diaphragms from each carburetor supposed to be the same? because i opened up #1 and saw that it looked different, but that one had the needle correct.
    Should be the same (with a minor exception on jet sizes on some models).

I'd say the majority of the issues would be carb related, but removal of the plugs and replacement on them probably would not be a bad idea. I believe it's 18mm thin walled socket for getting in to them.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

+1 sounds like carb related.
      And you definitely need a thin walled socket for getting the plugs out, standard thickness is juuuuuust too thick
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

thanks yall. I'll see what i can do.

I'm just waiting on a float chamber.

Comment

Working...
        X