X

jet size setup vs mods made

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jet size setup vs mods made

Just wanted to see where most of us fall into jet sizing after mods have been made.
    I am in the process of finishing up my rebuild, and would like to know what size jets you guys have found your bike to run great. As well as which needle slot the clip is on for fuel displacement.
    The reason i am asking is because i would like to see what directio i will be pointed into with my mods...
    K&n air filter ( not pod filters )
    Shortened after market muffler by 8"

Cheers 🍻

K&N filter won't go well, put the stock filter back in. Each bike is different. Your current mods will be problematic to tune. Always start at stock and tune from there.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Something i did notice was 2 different jet sizes... will get the size later. Any idea why there would be 2 carbs with with different sizes?

Comment

I believe the standard OEM set-up is the two outside carbs have one size and the two inner carbs have another.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

The inner cylinders run hotter than the outer ones and are most likely larger to aid cooling.

K&N is junk. Nothing works better than the stock style paper filter on pretty much any vehicle.

Comment

I agree start with stock and move from there

I have a modified 4-2-1 exhaust on my 89 750 standard air filter and started tuning the carb the jets I ended up with are

5EZ61-3 needle jet, Y2 emulsion tube, 105 Mains (all 4),37.5 Pilot jet. needle lifted one slot from the middle

Which is actually one size up (main) and different emulsion tube I think the original was a Y4 from where I started as stock and it runs superbly for me.

I have thought playing around with main sizes when I have some time in the future but likely would only go as far as 110 but then would have to see how it runs.

Oh FYI I ride at sea level and think it still runs a little rich

When your tuning follow this to the letter
            Last edited by Lachie; 07-20-2017, 05:47 AM.
            “Anything that happens, happens. Anything that, in happening, causes something else to happen, causes something else to happen.
            Anything that, in happening, causes itself to happen again, happens again. It doesn’t necessarily do it in chronological order, though.”
            ― Douglas Adams

Comment

On the 1100 Outter jets are 112.5 inner 110 since the 2 inner velocity stack in the airbox are longer.

Comment

Working...
              X