X

Revs, handlebar and oil problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revs, handlebar and oil problem

Hi guys, im new here posting, i bought a 99' Katana 600cc, im member since 3 months but i never post a thread, well guys here are my problems.

Rev problem:

When i turn on the bike the revs don't keep in 1000 - 1300 rpm, the revs is going down and the bike turn off, i need to accelerate the engine to avoid turn off the bike i don't know if that could solve trying to cleaning the carbs.

Handlebar problem:

I had an accident in December 2016, but recently I noticed when I turn the handlebar to the right, the handlebar touches the gas tank, and when I turn left, the handlebar does not reach the gas tank, and I saw that the handlebar is not in the right position, Ž¿can someone help me if I can adjust the handlebar?

Oil leak Problem:

When I crashed the bike, I sent the bike to the mechanic, but when I caught it I did something stupid, I rev the bike in neutral and I change to the 1st gear, but when I switch to the 1st gear the bike in neutral in standing 6000 Rpm and I hear a "crack" sound after I drive the bike to my house, and the next day I noticed oil on the bicycle, on the side to attach the side fairings, I checked all the places but I do not Where Is the leakage of oil

Thanks for your help guys, and sorry for my bad english, im from mexico

Yes, rebuild the carbs....can't hurt. Replace the bar... it is bent 7/8" or 22mm. Not good Erving to 6000 then shifting into gear. Try removing the fairings, clean the engine, use baby powder and lightly dust the engine, run it (not very long as it will over heat). Look for the powder absorbing any oil, particularly the head gasket, oil cooler connections and engine covers.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
      Yes, rebuild the carbs....can't hurt. Replace the bar... it is bent 7/8" or 22mm. Not good Erving to 6000 then shifting into gear. Try removing the fairings, clean the engine, use baby powder and lightly dust the engine, run it (not very long as it will over heat). Look for the powder absorbing any oil, particularly the head gasket, oil cooler connections and engine covers.
      The part i told about the carbs, the bike don't turn off on a red light or something like that, but when is cold i need to accelerate a bit or use the choke cable, that was my question.

Also i hear the bike makes a lot of explotions from the exhaust, is the stock exhaust, buy the last owner cut the exhaust but the exhaust still got the "db killer" or "silencer" that could be the exhaust or maybe the fuel? I put 88 octane fuel

Comment

Fuel is fine...your carbs need cleaning.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
        X