X

Not running right, sounds awful in rain

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not running right, sounds awful in rain

Have an 06 Kat, after a while of riding in rain(nothing severe), my bike begins to run very odd. Another odd thing, possibly just burning off oil from oil changes with the rain hitting places and dripping that normally don't get hot, but I can smell a bit of oil.

Here's a video:

Any ideas?

Check the plug wells for proper drainage. Full wells means shorted plugs.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Definately check the wells as mentioned.

Also check the plug boots are securely screwed on each plug wire, and the wire is soft and flexible where it screws on. Cut back hard wire or loose connection points and screw the boot back on securely. You should not be able to just pull the wire off the boot.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks guys, will check next time I get a chance. I took it off and patched a small hole in the corner of my airbox but didn't catch these responses in time. I did notice my boots don't fit on perfectly on to create a seal. This would make sense because last time this happened I was on a straight stretch of road for about 5 minutes with pouring rain, and I leaned into a left turn and it then began doing this, so it could've been puddled water. How much of a seal should the boots be making?

Comment

Originally posted by Rymax99 View Post
          Thanks guys, will check next time I get a chance. I took it off and patched a small hole in the corner of my airbox but didn't catch these responses in time. I did notice my boots don't fit on perfectly on to create a seal. This would make sense because last time this happened I was on a straight stretch of road for about 5 minutes with pouring rain, and I leaned into a left turn and it then began doing this, so it could've been puddled water. How much of a seal should the boots be making?
          100% fully sealed.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
          X