X

Cylinder head cover Banjo bolts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cylinder head cover Banjo bolts

What's up my fellow katriders. Can anyone tell me if there are two different size/ length banjo bolts for the cylinder head cover for years ranging from 88 to 97 on the katana 750s vs 600s? I need longer ones.

Did you try looking up the parts on BikeBandit / Ron Ayers? That's probably the only way to tell.

Comment

Yes they don't provide a length in the description.

A Suzuki mechanic told me yesterday that there were two different sizes but didnt know the part number
      Last edited by Kdogone; 05-26-2017, 06:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Banjo bolts? well...okay, never mind. Wrong genre..."don't it bring you down home?"

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

All these great minds and diy mechanics on this site and no-one knows or has had this problem before? If there is only one size bolt, then there must be a difference in the covers. Anyone please help with useful information. This is the only thing keeping me from finishing the install and riding.

Comment

Wish I could help more...but I have an 1100 which is a completely different animal.

If you're held up by this just order one set of each - determine which is correct and send back the unused set That's what I would do anyway...

Comment

Was it said than done. There is only one size bolt available. Thanks d
              For responding

Comment

I was just thinking about your problem with unobtanium...Any decent hydraulic service place can make you a line with whatever ends and hose length you want, that meets or exceeds OEM specs. Probably cheaper than OEM too.

Not sure where you live but you'll have the most luck and get the best deal in the country - meaning a place that makes up hydraulic lines for tractors and AG equipment. It's the exact same stuff...and oil pressure is WAY less than hydraulic line pressure.

Comment

I assume your asking for the flow threw bolts, not a banjo bolt. Part# 11180-27820. Same for the 1100 also. So, The 1100 isn't special, same engine design.
                  Last edited by 92xjunker; 05-29-2017, 04:49 PM.
                  "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran
                  If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                    So, The 1100 isn't special...
                    Oh yes it is!!!

Thanks for the tech info...

Comment

Figured it out. The cylinder head cover was install backwards

Comment

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                        spammer police
                        USAF veteran

Comment

Yeah I knew already 92xjunker, lol. They dismantlers sent me the engine that way

Comment

I wouldn't think it would mount backwards. .
                            spammer police
                            USAF veteran

Comment

Me either.

Seats the same as forward.
                              Last edited by Kdogone; 05-30-2017, 05:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                              X