X

Airbox hose disconnected

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airbox hose disconnected

Hey guys. I just got my bike back from the shop. They installed a jet kit and synced the carbs up. Everything was running great for about a week. Then all of the sudden, while I was driving, the bike just became very boggy, loss of power. It's not REALLY bad, but I can tell there's a difference. Also idles very low rpm.

I just noticed that the airbox hose was disconnected. Would that small hose make the difference?

Thanks for looking into this.

Yes that will cause a problem, there ia a reason they cop off the end of that drain hose.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by ZukiFred View Post
      Yes that will cause a problem, there ia a reason they cop off the end of that drain hose.
      Thanks Zuki. Is it a bad sign if a bit of oil came out of it when I took the drain cap off?

Comment

That is normal, the engine breather connects to the air box.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Unfortunately, that didn't fix anything. I'm gonna have a mechanic look at it, I'll let you guys know. Thanks.

Comment

How's the inside of the tank look? Any rust or debris will cause issues.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Found the problem. Unrelated to airbox hose.

From the shop:

"Found the issue with the bike, a little rubber cap has popped off the carbs. Gonna order new ones, there is 3 of them and I think we should change them all to be safe, they are a few bucks a piece and 3 clips, less then $20 for the parts"

Comment

Sounds like vacuum caps for doing a carb sync...any auto parts store should have them in the help! Section

Comment

Originally posted by RobertTravis View Post
                  Sounds like vacuum caps for doing a carb sync...any auto parts store should have them in the help! Section
                  Exactly that.

Comment

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

When I first started riding again back around 06, I had bought an '83 GXS 750 ES for $1,000. Knowing next to nothing about the mechanics, only that the bike would run like a missile, I thought I'd equip it with a small tool kit, an extra spark plug, and a few other things, including a red rag which easily stored in the air box. I guess I got about five miles like that before it choked out. I called the guy I'd bought it from, told him all I knew, and he told me that I couldn't breathe with a red rag stuffed in my mouth...you get the rest of the story.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Working...
                      X